Position: System Test Engineer
Location: Fremont, California
3PAR is looking for a highly skilled disk drive test engineer for our Fremont, California site. This position involves the design and delivery of functional verification tests for 3PAR’s storage Systems. Assigned responsibilities include testing 3PAR’s FC backend subsystem, drive qualification and future array hardware, as well as benchmarking and failure analysis. The position is also responsible for authoring and executing automated and manual test cases that stress all aspects of the feature set, documenting test cases in so much that they can be executed by team members, identifying areas of improvement, and evaluating customer facing documentation for technical accuracy and comprehensiveness.
- BS in EE/CE/CS or equivalent with 5+ years of experience in testing of storage systems.
- Experience in TCL and at least one of shell, expect, or Perl.
- Strong working knowledge of the Fibre Channel or SCSI Protocol.
- Working knowledge of SATA and SAS drive technologies.
- Experience using a fibre channel analyzer and jammer.
- Experience in drive qualification,
- Reproduce, simplify, and document failure scenarios.
- Working knowledge of at least one Test Harness Environment.
- Strong written and oral communications.
- Experience in creating and documenting test plans.
- Understanding of regression testing.
- Experience in system or storage administration.
- Familiar with clustering and failover.
- Good Linux kernel knowledge, kernel debugging with gdb and C programming.
Please contact me at
jons AT 3par DOT com or 510-668-9436.