Position: Software Engineer
Location: Fremont, California
3PAR is looking for a Senior Software Engineer to work in the Systems Management group of the software development team at 3PAR. The InServ storage product is build around Linux OS and a custom ASIC. As a senior software engineer, you will be responsible for the design and development of the System Management subsystem for our high-end Utility Storage Server products. Responsibilities include design and development in areas such as virtual volume provisioning, layout management, configuration changes and their fail over support, fault-tolerance, environmental monitoring, and system management/control. We are looking for a strong system software engineer that can provide significant contributions in this space.
- BS/MS in Computer Science with 5-7 years related experience.
- Proficient in “C” programming in Linux or other Unix environments.
- A very motivated self-starter, willing to dig into the source code and understand the overall system with minimum guidance.
- Have good system understanding of storage architectures, distributed architectures, clustering, system.
- Management/control, multi-threaded programming and platform/kernel interaction.
- Have good knowledge in SCSI and Fibre Channel protocols.
- Good knowledge of RAID is a plus.
- Familiarity with database transaction processing a plus.
- Familiarity with scripting languages such as Perl/Tcl for testing and distributed test harnesses a plus.
- Must have excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Team player.
Please contact me at
jons AT 3par DOT com or 510-668-9436.