Position: Sr. Technical/Programming Writer
Location: Mountain View, CA
We have an immediate need for a Sr. TECHNICAL/PROGRAMMING WRITER with experience in Server Operations documentation for one of our clients
in MOUNTAIN VIEW, CA. This is a CONTRACT position for 6 months with
Our client is looking for an experienced technical/programming writer
with a solid experience writing Operations documentation on
installation, and configuration of Servers. This candidate will also
need to understand server networks and software. The ideal candidate
will not fear a large, complex project but instead embrace the
challenge and tackle it at full speed
The candidate must have:
- A minimum of 5 or more years of experience writing formal technical
documentation involving large application/web servers for IT audiences
like Systems Administrators, System Operators, Software Developers etc.,
- General familiarity with object-oriented programming, in C#, Java, or C++.
- Experience working in an eng development or a related group is a MUST.
- Solid knowledge of networks, preferably Windows networks.
- Solid knowledge of technical writing style, practices, processes, and tools.
The ideal candidate would also have:
- Understanding of Web service programming.
- The ability to write short code examples.
- Experience with the Visual Studio development environment.
The manager is willing to make an exception on Programming exp if they
have good initiative, go getter types. They have seen a lot of tech writers who are not too keen to learn new things, they need an involved person.
Please let me know if you are interested in this position by sending your updated resume, Recent Work Samples, expected hourly rate and availability for a phone interview.
raj AT mindsource DOT com