Position: Sys Admin
Location: Mountain View
1. General sysadmin duties for all supported platforms, including
Linux, Solaris, Windows, and Vmware (workstation and ESX).
2. Deployment of system and application level updates and patches for
all supported platforms.
3. Development, deployment of system and application monitoring
solutions for availability and performance management of supported
4. Implementation, administration of configuration management and
5. Monitoring and management of the availability of all supported
6. In cooperation with IT/EDS, reporting and management of
infrastructure elements, including network infrastructures and server
7. Capacity and performance measurement and planning for supported
8. Support for non-IT managed QA, development and engineering labs as
Reports To: Director of Engineering
Expert in administration of Linux, Solaris, Windows.
Expert level of understanding of TCP/IP networking, including routers,
firewalls, and load balancers.
Competency in scripting languages; Bash or Csh; Python or Perl.
Competency in use of SQL language;
Solid understanding of SNMP, SMTP, SSH, FTP.
Familiarity with one or more monitoring systems; Cacti, Nagios,
Splunk, Solar Wind, Amber Point or equivalent products.
Experience setting up VMware products; ESX and workstation.
Administration skills for one or more router and firewall products;
e.g. Cisco, Juniper, SonicWall
Prior experience with configuration management & deployment systems;
e.g. Altiris, Opsware, Opsforce or equivalent.
Administration skills for MySQL, Oracle,
Experience with Veritas Cluster System, SAN configuration, high
Please contact me if you have the majority of these qualifications.
Not an agency - can get your resume directly in front of the Director