Position: Sr. Systems Administrator - Contract to Hire
Location: Mountain View, CA
We have an immediate need for an experienced UNIX/LINUX SYSTEMS
ADMINISTRATOR (Support Role) with our client in Mountain View, CA.
This is a CONTRACT to HIRE position after 3 months. Only GREEN CARD OR
CITIZENS. Must pass enhanced background check.
Graveyard Shift - Wed - Sat (Midnight - 10:00am) - 10 hrs per day - 4
days a week
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform Tier I and Tier II support activities of Production service
applications. Manage and document all work through appropriate work
request ticketing system.
- Perform system administration and trouble-shooting activities on
the following OS platforms: Linux RedHat, Linux Advanced Server, Sun
Solaris 2.x, and Microsoft Windows (optional).
- Provide input to manager on issues associated with system and
application architecture as well as customer service issues to improve
overall processes in managing the environment.
- BS degree in Computer Science or related field.
- In depth knowledge of UNIX, Linux, networking, and shell scripting.
- Knowledge of Windows (2003, 2000 and NT 4.0) is desired but not
- 6-7 years working in an application/technical support organization.
- Responsible for the maintenance, troubleshooting, access, and
backup for enterprise wide systems.
- Work within following Shell environments: bash, csh, ksh.
- Knowledge of Perl scripting.
- Experience with FTP, SFTP, HTTP, HTTPS, Sendmail, SNMP, and DNS.
- Technologies supported include operating systems, servers, networks,
system security, hardware and other software applications.
- Troubleshoot system issues, resolve or recommend solutions.
- Create and manage system documentation, including configurations and
- Install patches and updates as needed.
- Participate in the definition and implementation of system
components including new servers, hardware, software and upgrades.
- Install, upgrade, support and troubleshoot operating systems.
- Must possess solid knowledge of operating systems and networking
hardware and software. 6+ years of experience functioning in a Systems
Administrator capacity is required.
- Ability to acquire and maintain ‘trusted’ employee status (must pass
enhanced background check).
- Must be US Citizen or a Green Card Holder
For immediate consideration please send your resume to
raj AT mindsource DOT com with expected hourly rate and availability for a