Job: Online Marketing/Affiliate Marketing Manager - Churchill Downs - TwinSpires.com (Mountain View, CA)January 23rd, 2009
Position: Online Marketing/Affiliate Marketing Manager
Location: Mountain View, CA
TwinSpires.com is the third largest legal online gambling business in the United States, offering a wide array of gaming options for horse racing fans throughout the United States. We are wholly owned by Churchill Downs, Inc. (Nasdaq: CHDN), home of the Kentucky Derby, the leading brand in horse racing worldwide and the 8th largest sporting event in the world. Churchill Downs offers competitive salaries and incentives, a comprehensive benefits package, an exciting and fun collaborative work environment with the freedom to innovate, and outstanding opportunities for growth. The work
location is on Castro Street in downtown Mountain View, CA.
We are looking for an Online Marketing/Affiliate Marketing Manager to lead the build-out and optimization of our online marketing efforts. This position will play an integral role in building our affiliate network and in expanding our online marketing capabilities to ensure that the TwinSpries.com Affiliate program is best-of-breed across all channels. This position will be responsible for cultivating key publishers that can grow to become strategic partners to
support customer acquisition and transaction goals. Our Online Marketing
Manager will continuously identify and evaluate new opportunities for our
affiliate program; interface with internal marketing and technical groups to
source, implement and optimize campaigns, try new forms of marketing, and
effectively grow our affiliate network footprint; and, steward and coordinate
campaigns through all phases of launch and maintenance, contract review,
trafficking, reporting, and analysis and optimization. The professional we seek
must be proactive, with a strong sense of accountability, a day-to-day focus on bottom-line results, and a willingness to try new things.
- Source, evaluate and execute new media and new online marketing opportunities
- Develop best-of-breed affiliate program
- Locate and cultivate sustainable, scalable affiliate marketing and online advertising partners
- Coordinate with marketing partners to improve campaign delivery and effectiveness
- Work with marketing agencies to provide creative guidance based on program analytics
- Oversee advertising inventory and creative executions within affiliate program
- Analyze effectiveness of online marketing and affiliate programs
- Share insight to market opportunities, direction, obstacles, suggested goals, etc. (internally and externally)
Reports directly to Vice President of Marketing
Skill / Experience required:
- At least 2 years of Online Affiliate program development experience. Experience in online gaming a plus.
- Ability to compile and analyze performance data and metrics; and make decisions regarding campaign direction based on analysis.
- Knowledge of search engine optimization best practices
- Solid decision-making, organizational, planning and problem-solving skills
- Proven self-starter, entrepreneurial drive and spirit
- Ability to work well independently as well as within a team environment
- Demonstrated ability to clearly communicate and articulate both in writing and verbal communications
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Powerpoint, Outlook) Bachelors Degree
robin.rogers AT twinspires DOT com