Position: Managing Architect DC/DR (SEATTLE)
Location: Kirkland, WA area
Covestic is a leader in supplying technology and management consulting services to service provider and enterprise companies. Covestic continually partners with clients to achieve business and organizational goals through efficient and innovative solutions.
Covestic’s Systems Infrastructure practice is experiencing rapid growth that requires the expansion of its leadership team. The Managing Architect will provide in-depth technical expertise and leadership in large scale Datacenter and Disaster Recovery client environments. You will be responsible for promoting and maintaining a common vision across the Systems Infrastructure practice, as well as ensuring a consistent level of technical leadership, business operations, direction and growth while providing a key personal link between Covestic management its client and consultants.
- Own the development and technical expertise of Datacenter and Disaster Recovery service offerings.
- Provide technical leadership and manage client relationships for cross platform datacenter migrations and disaster recovery initiatives.
- Provides senior technical expertise to project teams and client management.
- Ensure high quality delivery for selected projects at client accounts. This will include performing and documenting regular QA sessions on all projects.
- Anticipates and identifies complex engagement issues and works closely with Engagement Managers and Practice Directors and the vertical VP in resolving them.
- Identifies and qualifies sales leads.
- Prepares complex proposals.
- Uses Covestic service offering in opportunity generation.
- When required, maintain practice management systems with updated information about sales pipeline, roll on/off dates, recruiting pipeline, personnel and project financials, etc.
- Responsible for influencing, supporting and implementing client decisions.
- Recognize opportunities to improve client service in connection with an engagement.
- Develop creative analyses to diagnose client issues.
- Employ appropriate data gathering and analysis techniques.
- Guide selected project team’s daily activities and deliverables.
- 10 years experience as an accomplished consulting senior leader, Managing Consultant or Technical Architect (with proven hands-on successes on large, complex datacenter and disaster recovery efforts).
- Experience with large project Migrations, rollouts of large scale environments for WAN/LAN projects is required.
- Experience coordinating with diverse cross organization Infrastructure groups such as SA, and DBA’s, required.
- Experience with Datacenter retirement creation and migrations of large system, cross platforms, (UNIX, AIX, Linux, and Microsoft) in conjunction with development, architecture and QA.
- Minimum of two to three years related experiences with designing and managing Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity programs in large to mid-sized companies.
- Experience leading multiple types of IT projects (e.g., Infrastructure / data center, application development and integration / SDLC, and network).
- Experience as an influencer of IT consulting services at a senior management level.
- Experience identifying, hiring and managing high-quality, senior, technical consultants.
- Developed account plans that included growth plans, delivery assurance and QA.
- Possess excellent consultant / team management skills.
- Demonstrated leadership and communication experience/skills.
- Experience providing sales support (attending client sales meetings as a SME, solution development, proposal generation, etc.).
- Extensive project management and leadership skills.
- Has developed and delivered executive level presentations, lead contract negotiations, and provided sales support to close deals.
- Extensive experience analyzing customer strategic plans and developing a services solution addressing key elements of that strategy.
- Strong technical, analytical, and interpersonal skills.
- ITIL and/or Six Sigma certifications desired but not required.
Please apply directly to: www.covestic.com/careers.html
This position is located in the Kirkland, WA area. Relocation is, unfortunately, not covered and we will not be accepting candidates that require visa assistance.