Job: Pre-Sales Engineer - Hot Start Up - Storage - EMC - Replication - Boston, MA/NE Area - Outstanding PackageMay 18th, 2009
Position: Pre-Sales Engineer
Outstanding Package - Base + Variable + Stock + Benefits
No Relocation - No Sponsorship - Preference is for individuals within reasonable commuting distance from the Boston Metro Area.
Location: Boston, MA/NE Area
My client is poised to change the face of disaster recovery. Serving large and medium enterprises around the world with technology developed in conjunction with some of the most prestigious names in the data storage industry, my client’s data replication paradigm overcomes some of the major deficiencies in today’s data protection solutions. A Game Changing Technology for Disaster Recovery & Critical Data Protection Needs without Data Loss or Distance Limitations.
The seasoned management team brings broad and multidisciplinary experience from data storage industry, security, hardware, and software markets, with proven success records at the senior management level at numerous leading technology firms. Complementing the management are experienced and professional technical teams who together constitute a creative, professional and motivated industry-leading force.
A Private Start Up funded by well-known Venture Firms and other Industry Sources, with proven technology ready to change the face of Disaster Recovery.
NA Headquarters located in Massachusetts.
Position Responsibilities - Summary:
My client is seeking talented Pre-Sales Engineers with a strong background in storage and replication. The ideal candidate will become one of the firm’s first US employees and must be flexible and capable of wearing many hats. In this role, you will be responsible for providing pre-sales engineering leadership and support to channel partners, their clients and company sales teams from opportunity identification to deal closure and provide post sales support, as required. You will support the design of solutions that include the company’s products and uncover, identify and evaluate the business and technical requirements of clients. You will address questions, overcome technical objections and help manage the technical portion of the sales cycle. You will be required to develop and maintain technical competencies, sales skills and vendor/industry certifications and establish trusted relationships with their clients, partners and colleagues.
- Address complex questions, overcome complex technical objections and help manage the complex technical portion of the sales cycle
- Uncover, identify and evaluate the business and technical requirements of prospective clients
- Provide channel partners and customers with technical product advice and architecture and design support during pre-sales discussions
- Assist channel partners to architect complex storage solutions that include the Company’s products against customer requirements and own the technical side of the deal through closure
- Answer complex technical questions and conduct complex demonstrations of products
- Perform highly complex tests, simulations and analysis and recommend design and improvement changes as required for sales opportunities
- Provide training, implementation, and post-sales support as needed
- Configure demo equipment for shows and events
- Provide technical descriptions and content for proposals and RFP’s
- Provide content for technical architectural diagrams and assist in the generation of complex technical write-ups that showcase the firm’s solutions capabilities
- Provide input into project plans for new opportunities
- Work closely with the customer and channel partners to provide advice, technical services and assist in developing requirements that fit their needs
- Act in a team leader capacity by mentoring, motivating and coaching junior level staff as they join the team.
Required Skills and Competencies:
- 5 plus years of experience in a pre-sales support role is required.
- Significant, recent & broad experience working with EMC’s storage and replication product line is required; and additional experience with the storage and replication offerings of the top 4 leading vendors is highly preferred. (IBM, HP, Sun, Hitachi etc.) This includes expertise with Disaster Recovery, Data Replication & Mirroring, Asynchronous & Synchronous Replication, Back Up & Recovery, Storage Networks, & Large Enterprise experience with EMC’s DMX/Symmetrix & Clariion Storage Products both SW & HW.
- Strong EMC RecoverPoint (Kashya) experience is critical.
- Experience crafting complex solutions and developing proposals is required. Storage subject matter expertise is required.
- Advanced technical presentation skills are required.
- Prior experience providing support and designing solutions is required. Prior experience presenting complex technical solutions to customers is preferred.
- A Bachelor’s degree is required and advanced degrees are preferred. Advanced technical certifications are preferred. May be published and may be considered a fellow in the industry. Experience may be substituted for education.
- Must have high-energy work ethic, be flexible, agile, have the ability to wear many hats.
- Willingness to travel up to around 50% domestically with some International travel.
- Must be an effective team player accustomed to working with various functional groups. - Comfortable in a startup environment
Outstanding Package - Base + Variable + Stock + Benefits
No Relocation - No Sponsorship
President - Wright Associates
Phone - (508) 761-6354
Email - replywrightassociates AT verizon DOT net
Website - www.wrightassociates.org
Filed under Job News | | RSS 2.0 | Email this Article