Position: Solutions Architect/Systems Engineer
Competitive Salary + Stock + Benefits No Sponsorship Available - Local Candidates Only
Location: RT 495/Pike Area
Rapidly growing Start Up - Well Funded - Mobile Service Intelligence Solutions Provider.
Position Responsibilities - Summary:
Client is seeking an innovative Solution Architect/System Engineer with deep subject matter expertise in wireless communications technologies to help shape and deliver best-of-breed analytics solutions for the wireless enterprise.
As a Solution Architect/System Engineer, you will be an integral member of the firm’s product development organization and will work directly with Product Management and Engineering to elaborate industry-leading wireless analytics products from concept and prototypes through architectural design, development and deployment (full lifecycle).
The ideal candidate will have deep knowledge of GSM, W-CDMA and/or LTE wireless technologies, as well as experience building large-scale wireless service management and/or operations support system solutions. Deep knowledge of 1xRTT, EvDO, WiMax and/or Femtocell wireless technologies and/or 3G wireless network is desirable.
- Provide specific solutions/technology/product consulting, system deployment, and sales support to both internal R&D and QA, and external customers
- Hands-on development of wireless service analytical models, mobile wireless analytics algorithms and data processing/analysis software
- Responsible for feasibility studies, cost analysis, and technical architecture and specification
- Prepare in-depth and high-level technology and product presentations, white papers and case studies for field distribution and presentation to the customer
- Key technical contributor to customer RFI, RFP and RFQ responses
- Contribute to business and technology vision and direction by influencing strategies and monitoring execution of major technology endeavors
- Technical competitive analysis of our solutions and the mobile wireless analytics and telecom business intelligence market spaces
- Standards body tracking and involvement, especially 3GPP, 3GPP2, OMA, CDG, GSMA, OMTP and IETF
- May involve domestic and international travel
Required Skills and Competencies:
- 7+ years of in-depth experience in GSM/UMTS, and LTE/WiMax or CDMA/EvDO mobile wireless technologies and 10+ years of circuit switched/packet switched telecom solution development roles within telecom equipment vendors or service provider environment
- GSM and/or UMTS protocol/system development or testing experience required - Specifically at least one of the following:
- GSM/UMTS radio frequency (RF) air link and Radio Access Network (RAN)
- GSM/UMTS Mobile radio Layer 3 interface: Radio Resource Control (RRC), Non-Access Stratum (NAS), etc.
- GPRS packet core network signaling and transport - 3+ years experience in leading software architecture and design of web application development. (Java, J2EE, XML/XSLT, and related technologies) - Must have hands-on software development background and experience using Java and/or C++ object-oriented programming languages
- 3+ years experience with relational database/data warehouse technologies
- 3+ years experience in leading software architecture and design of highly-scalable service management platforms that adhere to the FCAPS model
- 3+ years experience with OOAD, modeling and UML
- Must have experience in a technical architect capacity working with cross-functional teams, such as product management/marketing, development, QA and sales to help define detailed technical requirements that drive product development - Must have Customer facing experience.
- Must be familiar with KPI’s & Performance Measurements
- Pre-sales support experience desired
- Knowledge of 3G wireless network planning, network optimization, and/or customer management/care domains will be a plus
- Must be willing to travel as needed, both Internationally and Domestically - Not expected to exceed 20%
- BS/BA (EE/CS) or equivalent. Advanced degree preferred
Competitive Salary + Stock + Benefits
No Sponsorship Available - Local Candidates Only
President - Wright Associates
Phone - (508) 761-6354
Email - replywrightassociates AT verizon DOT net
Website - www.wrightassociates.org