Job: MySQL Database Administrator - Churchill Downs Incorporated - TwinSpires.com (Moutain View, CA)January 23rd, 2009
Position: MySQL Database Administrator
Location: Moutain View, CA
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Setup, administer and Support MySQL databases servers for Production, QA and development
- Monitor databases for performance, bottlenecks and other issues, identify and deploy solutions
- Work with Senior DBA to maintain a scalable, reliable, and robust database
- Work with Senior DBA with the creation of policies, procedures and standards as well as documentation
- Perform appropriate backup, restoration and upgrades of database servers
- Provide assistance to development team, with the ability to recommend best practices both in code and database design
- Build database tools and scripts to automate where possible.
- Provide 24×7 support, Ready to work on Weekends and holidays, Occasional travel may be required
- 4+ years MySQL experience.
- 2+ years working in a LAMP environment, particularly PHP/MySQL combination
- 2+ years Linux administration experience
- Proficient with database performance strategies
- Proficient in performance tuning MySQL and query optimization
- Experience in administration of InnoDB and MyISAM storage engines
- Experience with MySQL Replication setup and administration, with both Master-Slave and Master-Master replication.
- Experience with PHP/Perl and Bash scripting
- Candidate must have the ability to complete tasks with very little supervision and superb ability to work well with others in a team environment
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Exceptional problem-solving expertise and attention to detail
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
Optional but a plus point
- Experience with multi-datacenter MySQL replication.
- Experience with monitoring tools such as Nagios, Munin
- MySQL DBA Certification
Robin R. Rogers
robin.rogers AT twinspires DOT com