Position: Group Mktg Mgr
Location: Redmond, WA
Do you have passion for partners, lots of energy and a can-do attitude? Do you thrive working in a high energy, high caliber marketing team? We’re seeking a highly motivated, self-starter to lead our OEM Embedded Partner Marketing and Field Engagement efforts. This is a high visibility, high impact role that is the primary driver of channel health and marketing for Microsoft’s Embedded revenue.
In this role you will lead the worldwide marketing strategy, planning and execution for our OEM Embedded business. You will be the expert in the needs of these partners and drive the marketing strategy and execution accordingly. You will work closely with our OEM Embedded Sales organization, the Product Group and others in the OEM Division. You will also be our field engagement expert end to end for the Local OEM business, driving execution strategy to and through the field for the OEM scorecard.
Areas of responsibility include:
1. Manage the OEM marketing relationship with the business group: drive open and effective working relationship with the business group (BG); influence the BG marketing investment model and resource allocation to deliver on joint goals; engage in the marketing campaign development and rollout to influence the messaging, partner value propositions, and calls to action included
2. Build the end to end marketing engagement framework for the OEM Embedded business (OED): From partner and OEM internal communications, engagement details and levers for sales conversion, you will build the framework and drive a balanced investment model to deliver on our embedded business goals.
3. Own the Embedded marketing execution with the field: Build and execute partner marketing plans with the field sales and marketing leads to grow demand for embedded products; engage with the BG on competitive materials and demos needed for field execution
4. Develop direct partner engagement: Build and execute partner marketing plans with direct account teams and partners. Support the partner scorecard with marketing execution plans and associated metrics.
5. Build the end to end Local OEM Field Engagement Model including Embedded, Named, System Builder and Distributor (OEM and OED) to simplify our field engagement practices for the marketing organization leveraging and extending excellence across channel segments.
Competencies for success are:
- Business Acumen and Strategic Thinking to design with our stakeholders the appropriate frameworks
- Passion for Partners so our strategies and plans enable our broader partner ecosystem
- Communications skills across audiences including internal corporate and field as well as external to partners so our message lands in a meaningful and constructive way
- Cross Boundary Collaboration to drive alignment in strategy as well as execution
Qualified candidates will have 8-10 years of partner marketing experience including channel marketing and field engagement; demonstrated track record of landing and measuring impact of marketing plans; strong communications skills and an ability to think independently. Microsoft partner marketing experience is required. MBA is preferred. Marketing experience in multiple countries or regions is a plus.
This role is based in Redmond Washington, US and reports to the Senior Director of Local OEM Segment Marketing.
Cyndy Davis, SPHR
Global Central Sourcing Team
Strategic Staffing Consultant
cyndyd AT microsoft DOT com
Visit my blog - www.cyndyonline.com