Position: Linux Systems Engineer
Location: New York CityCompany:
My client seeks a Linux Systems Engineer. Candidate will be part of a team working to build & support our advanced production systems environment with a particular focus on developing & maintaining system administration scripts for our production servers.
Develop and maintain system administration scripts to automate support and management of our production environment
Perform Linux Systems deployment, maintenance and administration
Monitor system activity, performance, and growth
Troubleshoot technical issues
Support, trouble-shoot, monitor our 24×7x365 production environment
- At least 3 years proven in-depth scripting/programming experience for Linux systems management
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or equivalent desirable
- Excellent UNIX scripting abilities - Perl, Shell, Awk, Python, etc.
- Experience with Apache, MySQL and JBoss desirable
- Must have excellent troubleshooting skills and be able to support a high availability production environment
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both face-to-face and on the phone
- Fast learner, attention to detail, good team player
Excellent English required
If you feel that you are qualified for this position and are interested in applying, please email me your (Word-formatted) current resume and contact information.
441 Route 306
Wesley Hills, NY 10952
845.362.1616 ext 201
ihartman AT ymsassociates DOT com