Role: Production Engineer
We are actively looking for production engineer positions in Yahoo. These involve mainly managing applications on large compute clusters. We’re looking for generalists (Linux, Perl, Networking, system backgrounds).
Production Engineers at Yahoo! thrive on the scale and mission-critical nature of our complex ad serving runtime as well as the challenge that comes along with its operation. In this critical role, you’ll utilize your rare combination of significant UNIX systems experience, network knowledge, troubleshooting skills, and coding sensibilities to design, deploy, monitor, and automate all operational aspects of Yahoo!’s revenue-critical ad serving systems.
* Administer Linux clusters, monitor their health and performance
* Develop tools to automate the deployment, administration and monitoring of a large-scale Linux environment
* Gain deep application-level knowledge of the serving systems as well as contributing to their overall design
* Work with development teams to harden, enhance, and generally improve the operability of our systems
* Assist in the configuration/build-out of new deployments to facilitate our constant growth
* Contribute to the documentation of our complex environment
* Participate in a 12×7 (daylight hours) on-call pager rotation
Minimum Requirement: * Extensive system administration background
* Strong Perl programming skills
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Experience working with development teams
Preferred Job Qualifications:
* 4+ years experience with Linux (RHEL a plus)
* 4+ years experience administering large-scale UNIX installations (ISP background a plus)
* BS Computer Science
If anyone is interested please send your CV at email@example.com.