Job: Linux Software EngineerFebruary 26th, 2009
Position: Linux Software Engineer
Job Posting Title IRC9039
Job Title Senior Linux Software Engineer
Department Name Engineering - Software
Synaptics is the leading worldwide developer of user interface
solutions for mobile computing, communications and entertainment
devices. Our mission is to enrich the interaction between users and
their intelligent devices. Synaptics products emphasize ease of use,
small size, low power consumption, advanced functionality, durability
and reliability, making them applicable to a multitude of markets,
including notebook computers, PC peripherals, mobile phones, and
portable entertainment devices such as MP3 players.
We are looking for an experienced software engineer to be part of our
PS/2 touchpad Linux driver team. Development of the driver will take
place at the GUI and X-Windows levels. Candidates should have
development experience in the following: Linux GUI development, Linux
desktop management (KDE, Gnome), wxWidgets, DBus, DCOP, GNU Compiler
and gdb debugger.
- Deliver clear, detailed functional design and technical design
- Participate in the development of API and other driver modules.
- Development applications that interact with the KDE and Gnome
- Windows driver experience is a plus
- C++, Object Oriented Programming
- MS/BS in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or Computer
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- High quality standards
- A proven track record developing commercial software.
Appy at www.synaptics.com/careers
Filed under Job News | | RSS 2.0 | Email this Article