Position: Principal IT Manager
The Sr. Principal IT Manager analyzes,improves, and supports business processes and critical business strategies by managing the development, implementation, and maintenance of business application systems. Key member of the Oracle (ERP) Team which develops, improves, and maintains the system. He/she provides program management to functional areas by setting deadlines, assigning responsibilities, and monitoring progress for the system. Evaluates and recommends changes to current and future system requirements to meet organizational needs. He/she understands the internal customer’s business and manages relationships with key contacts. The Sr. Principal IT Manager participates in the delivery of system solutions and ensures user acceptance. He/She will work closely with other groups to ensure that the total solution delivered to the internal customer meets/exceeds expectations.
- Establishes and maintains relationships with key internal customers.
- Analyzes and documents business processes & future state requirements.
- Creates functional requirements specifications. Plans and provides project
management for internal customer related IT projects.
- Assists internal customers with business case development for new applications/functionality, including cost/benefit analysis and risk/impact
- Works closely, and communicates effectively with internal customers, other IT groups, management, and external vendors to implement business
and/or system solutions addressing specific needs of a business area or process.
- Participates in the delivery of system solutions (e.g. configuration, testing,
- Works with internal customers to properly train end-users on new system features & deployments. Assures end-user acceptance.
- Proactively identifies issues and escalates them appropriately.
- Identifies and prioritizes opportunities to streamline business and/or system processes.
- Adheres to utilizing sound project management methodology.
- Communicates status of activities.
- Participates in change control processes.
- Maintains appropriate documentation of applications and business processes.
- Shares knowledge with peers and supports knowledge
- Reviews and remains current with emerging industry standards in functional
EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
Minimum of 10-12+ years of IT and/or Business related experience.
Must have prior experience in a functional business role.
Must have experience working in Oracle Financials (GL, AR, AP), Order Administration, SCM, HR or Projects.
Need to understand the real business issues that Users face in running their business.
Experience using, implementing and supporting Oracle R12 (or 11i) E Business Suite.
Experience utilizing Report writers (Oracle Discoverer, Crystal, Brio, Hyperion, or SQL). Proficient using MS Office. Work effectively in a matrix work environment.
Ability to quickly decipher and manage changing priorities. Independent worker who is a self-starter, and has the ability to manage their time and deliverables.