Job: Chief Financial Officer In PrimeraDxMay 22nd, 2008
PrimeraDx is an early stage molecular diagnostics company developing novel, multiplexed, nucleic acid assays and instrument systems for use in clinical research through human diagnostics. Red Herring magazine has recently named PrimeraDx one of the top private North American bioscience companies for 2006. We are seeking bright, creative, energetic, and dedicated individuals committed to achieving excellence in science and engineering. Our compensation packages are highly competitive, and include stock options and a comprehensive set of benefits.
Role: Chief Financial Officer
Reports to: CEO
Key competencies for the role include:
* At least 10 years of related experience within progressively more senior roles.
* Demonstrated expertise in the functional areas of financial reporting, planning, controllership and treasury operations.
* Knowledge and practical application of the latest changes in accounting policies and procedures, continued commitment to keeping current.
* Experience in the life science industry and in taking a company public.
* Ideally has participated and/or led the financial management process of taking a company public.
* Solid understanding of tools based business model with focus on COGS and GM% control.
In order to succeed in the collaborative, entrepreneurial culture established within Primera, the CFO will be a of change.
He/she will exhibit the following personal characteristics:
* Have an entrepreneurial spirit, prepared to take calculated risks in pursuit of goals.
* Be comfortable in a fast paced growth environment with an appropriate balance of urgency and quality.
* Have excellent communication and influencing skills both verbal and written. Should be open, direct, and sharing of information.
* Demonstrate self-confidence, have real presence.
* Be able to gain the respect of the internal team through understanding the research and development needs of the company.
* Represent the company at all times with credibility to the external world, including the investment community.
* Take enjoyment from working in a hands-on manner â€“ able to work equally effectively and willingly at the strategic and tactical level.
* Be prepared to exhibit sufficient flexibility, as the circumstances require.
* Be pragmatic, a realist with his/her feet firmly on the ground to ensure the companyâ€™s objectives are met within budget and on time.
Expertise and Personality:
The right candidate for this role will ideally have a successful track record and mix of financial reporting, planning, controllership and treasury operations. He/she will be a highly seasoned finance and accounting professional with a demonstrated track record of significant contribution to a companyâ€™s success.
Academic qualification requirements include a preferred second degree in either accountancy (e.g. CPA) or business (e.g. MBA). Experience preferences include both a background in operational roles and exposure to venture capital international investment communities.
Significant experience within development stage companies is seen as essential, with exposure to the life science/diagnostic sector particularly valuable. Additional experience in the management of other functional areas, specifically human resources and information technology would be beneficial.
* Financial Planning
* Financial Reporting
* Investor Relations
* General and Administration
* Direct the financial planning process, including annual budgeting and long term financial and strategic planning.
* Manage the financial controls for product development in specific COGS and GM% controls.
* Responsibility for all periodic financial and tax reporting, both internally, to shareholders as well as to the appropriate regulatory authorities.
* Responsibility for the establishment and adherence to Primeraâ€™s financial policies and procedures.
* Ensuring adherence to GAAP and other important accounting practices and procedures.
* Working with management and internal teams and provides appropriate financial management tools to ensure that tight expense control is adhered to and that external vendor relationships are closely managed for maximum expense control.
* With the approval of the CEO, carry out the treasury function to ensure appropriate cash management.
* Working closely with the CEO to handle routine investor relation communications with existing and potential investors. Responsible for preparation and periodic updates of corporate Q&A and financial analyses as needed.
* Supporting major strategic partnering discussions and financial transactions.
* Together with the CEO, providing oversight and management of the Human Resources and IT functions for the company.
* Serving as a member of the Executive Team, actively participating in strategic and operational discussions.
Filed under Jobs | | RSS 2.0 | Email this Article