Position: GM/Vice President, Consumer Marketing. (Very hands on role)
This is a senior management position reporting directly to the CEO.
Location: This position will be headquartered in the San Francisco South Bay. Candidates must be located within commuting range. Working remotely is not an option for this position.
Company: Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) company. Company is one of the first entries in the social infrastructure space. Company has blue chip customers for its enterprise software products already. Company will raise additional venture money this year.
Compensation: Board is willing and able to put together the right package for the right candidate.
- Must have held a position within the last twelve months as a Chief Marketing Officer, VP of Marketing, or Director of Marketing at a very well positioned, branded consumer Internet company.
- Must enjoy the entrepreneurial atmosphere of a small company, but has been through the experience of scaling up an enterprise to significant organization size and revenues. Experience working in a dynamic (i.e. “startup”) environment is preferred as well as a successful track record building a product from early adoption through market share leadership. The new VP Marketing must have experience building a company from nominal revenues to phenomenal revenues at least once in their career.
- Must be able to outline at least one example of how you successfully built “buzz” around a brand that was virtually unknown when you started working on it.
- Must be able to lead. Must understand the core of marketing. Must be very strategic in building up the marketing image and presence of the brand in its several marketplaces. Must have experience developing brand collateral materials, speeches, presentations and all other support materials, online and offline, geared toward the needs of specific opportunities and audiences. Must be eager and able to build a crisp, compelling message for a variety of audiences.
- Must understand social networking, social web infrastructure web technologies, web application, and related technologies like web analytics, SEO & SEM.
Take advantage of this superb opportunity. We are a firm on the threshold of significant growth and opportunity.
Please send your information to herbnj AT gmail DOT com