Position: Principal SE (C programmer) Exponential
Location: Emeryville, CA
In this primary role on our engineering team, the principal engineer will work on the company’s flagship ad serving product. You will be responsible for code review and development including architect and implement significant portions of code, analyzing needs and product requirements and leveraging work across products. As the expert in a vital technology area, you will act as the chief resource to others internally and externally. You will need to be able to communicate a clear vision of how the technology can be optimally applied to products. In addition, as you will create and maintain technical specifications, designs, and schedules. Finally, the principal engineer will evaluate and create new tools and techniques to facilitate effective development practices while setting the standard for highest quality of work.
About Exponential Interactive, Inc.:
Exponential™ is a profitable, rapidly growing, technology-driven media services company that delivers innovative products and services to meet the demands of today’s digital advertisers. The Exponential™ group of businesses enable online advertisers to reach their target audiences through our Tribal Fusion, FullTango, LeadGenuity, EchoTopic, and Techbargains divisions. Our businesses represent over 1,500 of the top publishers on the web and are the partner of choice for many of the world’s leading advertising agencies and advertisers for their online campaigns. Through our proprietary ad serving technology, we generate 30 billion online ad impressions per month, enabling advertisers to reach over 70% of the US online population and 230 million consumers worldwide.
- Design, development and testing of core algorithms and data structures for a leading online ad serving platform
- Work closely with the chief architect and fellow developers on a high availability, high revenue generating production code base that may require rapid response and development-to- production issues if and when they arise
- MS or PhD in CS from reputed school. Other qualifications may be considered in lieu of these if an outstanding track record with prior experience in ad serving
- 8+ years of commercial software development in C. Focus should have been on programming and analysis of algorithms and data structures
- Knowledge of parallel (thread) programming
- Unix environment
- Proven knowledge and experience with development tools for high availability and high performance Web and Internet software
- Ability to understand and work on all levels of details of the development, production deployment and end-user interactions of the ad serving platform
- Prior online ad server development a plus but not required
For consideration: www.exponential.com/careers/careerList.htm