Job: Chief Architect - .Net Centric - SQL Server - Windows - FS - Boston, MA Area - Up to $150K+ TotalNovember 27th, 2008
Position: Chief Architect
Base + Bonus + Retirement - Total Package of up to $150K+
Local Candidates Only - No Sponsorship
Location: Boston, MA Area
Leading private investment firm with over $80 billion+ in assets under management - Great Company - Lots of Upside - Excellent Compensation Package - Bonus + Comprehensive Benefits Package
This position will be spearheading the formation of an Enterprise Architecture team. The person will report to a Sr. VP in the Information Technology team and will drive enterprise-wide architecture decisions related to software development and application standards across all lines of business.
Position Responsibilities - Detailed:
- Serves as the overall design and engineering lead for the enterprise, responsible for leading architecture strategy, vision, systems integration and technology selection processes
1. Owns Enterprise Framework
2. Drive software governance
- Has business and technical expertise as the incumbent will work with users and application development teams to understand and jointly craft technology strategy, application architectures and engineering solutions as required
- Works with all application development managers and project teams to create solutions architectures and system designs that align business needs with target state architectures
- Sets the overall guidelines, standards and architectural principles for architecting solutions across the application portfolio
- Manages the governance of these standards at the program and project level
- Drives analysis regarding emerging technologies and translate implications of the new technology into an effective IT vision and assesses design decisions impacts lines of business, and is an integral part of the decision making process along with senior management.
- Owns and operates the Architecture/Design Review process, evaluating all significant application, data and infrastructure projects and production systems
- Design recommendations are made to project and application development teams.
- Design issues are resolved via coordinated interaction with the AD teams.
- Drives technology selection process and manages the software and tech stack
- Works in conjunction with the Production Services team to ensure hardware/software compatibility
- Provides oversight and direction of technology & vendor solution BUY/HOLD/SELL list
- Drives concepts/architectures over long time horizons. (18-24 month planning horizons)
- Identifies risks associated with the enterprise architecture and various technologies
- Provides guidance in industry trends and vendor practice
- Establishes and maintains a profile as a technology leader both inside and outside of the firm
- Establishes strong working relationships with senior Business, Operations and Technology management, in the capacity of a trusted advisor on Architecture matters
- Supports business teams in developing architectures.
- Communicates the practical implications of architectural decisions, issues and plans to senior Business, Operations and Technology management
- Identifies and promotes opportunities for cross-business sharing / re-use of application components, rationalization of application portfolios and integrated architectures
- Manage a small team of engineers in support of delivering on these objectives.
- Set team’s annual deliverables /objectives, ensuring alignment with enterprise and business-lines objectives
- Promote teamwork and leadership behaviors within own group and across other peer groups
Required Skills and Competencies:
- The ability to syndicate, influence and achieve results in a matrixed environment.
- Expert communication skills (verbal and written) with the ability to communicate complex issues to technical and non-technical audiences that include peers, partners, and IT and Business management.
- Experience in financial services or collaboration platforms as used in management consulting, legal, investment banking, and private equity firms. Financial Services Required.
- Expertise in designing and building Data Warehouse, Business Intelligence and Collaboration applications
- Advanced degree / certification (e.g., MB.A. or Advanced Technology Degree) preferred
- 8-10 years experience in software development and technology implementation
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills
Applications Development - Microsoft Centric - .NET - C# - VB.Net - Visual Studio.Net - SQL Server 2005 - SQL, DTS, SSIS, SSAS, SSRS, OLTP, OLAP, SMO, etc.
Infrastructure - Microsoft Windows Server 2003, Microsoft Active Directory, Microsoft Exchange 2003, Microsoft SQL 2000 / 2005, Microsoft IIS, Microsoft Live Communications Server, VMWARE, Citrix, Dell Server Hardware with Open Manage, Dell / EMC SAN Technologies, Riverbed, Extreme Networks
Competitive Base Salary + Bonus + Retirement - Comprehensive Benefits Package
No Sponsorship Available - US Based Applicants Only - No Relocation Available - Local Candidates only
Gary Wright - President - Wright Associates
Phone - (508) 761-6354
Email - replywrightassociates AT verizon DOT net
Website - www.wrightassociates.org