Position: Sun Delivery Engineer
Location: Skokie, IL
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead an implementation team for Solaris 10 Advanced Features and
Migration deployments including Enterprise Consolidation architectures.
- Implement and troubleshoot system configuration for software in
multiple customer environments. Directly interact with clients, account
managers and solution architects to identify, develop, and obtain complete
information for solutions including hardware, software and services, and
scope statement and level of effort for proposal/SOW development.
- Mentor associate consultants and serve as escalation point for
their technical related project issues.
- Contribute and develop best practices, strategies, methodologies
and documentation/templates suitable for use by other consultants and
associate consultants. Ensure compliance of same on all engagements
including 3rd party labor (3PL).
- Achieve high level of Customer Satisfaction on all consulting
engagements by executing to achieve client project expectations set by
technical leads and project managers and develop strong customer
relationships and trust to secure future business.
- Shadow Master Consultants and Solutions Architects.
- B.S. or B.A. in a technical discipline preferred
- 5 years consulting experience required
- In depth system engineering experience involving hardware,
software and services solutions at an enterprise level for product lines.
- Direct involvement in working with internal and external teams to
implement and troubleshoot hardware, software and services.
- Leadership experience
- System Services Architecture & Design experience preferred
- Solaris 10 System Administrator skills preferred
- Sun Provisioning product experience
- Advanced Solaris debugging and troubleshooting
- In depth knowledge of Virtualization/Consolidation environments
- Vendor, distributor, channel and product knowledge and experience.
- Direct Enterprise management of installations with focus on large
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong time management and organizational skills.
- Ability to acquire technical skills and problem solve.
- Ability to work as a team player in a consulting environment.
- Ability to travel up to 50%-60% nationwide.
- Ability to work with wide variety of client staff including
management and technical staff.
- Resourceful working with disparate client and internal departments
to deliver meaningful solutions.
- Demonstrated consulting expertise in mid sized and Fortune 1000
- Demonstrated ability to implement and troubleshoot HW and SW
systems and configurations without procedural guidance.
- Demonstrated ability to develop strong customer relationships and
trust to secure future business.
- Demonstrated ability to achieve high level of Customer
Satisfaction on all consulting engagements
- Demonstrated leadership expertise and ability to develop strong
relationships with technical and Project Management peers
- Demonstrated senior mentoring and educational abilities
- Demonstrated methodology, policy & procedure compliance and
understanding of the business risk when not followed..
Please send your resumes to email@example.com