Job: Junior Control Systems and Software Engineer-Denver, CO (relocation funds are available) - San FranciscoJune 12th, 2009
Position: Junior Control Systems and Software Engineer-Denver, CO (relocation funds are available)
Location: San Francisco
To provide technical expertise for instrumentation, control systems,
automation and software development for equipment utilized for the
manufacture and delivery of bulk and packaged explosives and their
precursors. Be acknowledged and sought out by others to provide considered
technical opinions for issues in this area.
- High level of technical competence.
- Well-developed Analytical assessment skills.
- Effective communication abilities across all levels of the
- Computer Science/Electrical Engineering or similar, Bachelors or
- 3-5 years relevant industrial experience.
- Defined software development methodology in place
- Software verification and validation process in place
- Project delivery to agreed milestones
- Decision criteria support key technology purchases
- Automation of existing work practices
- Technical reports generated and appropriately stored
- Novel technologies identified and assessed
- Standards and protocols identified
- This role is responsible for the development and initial
implementation of new instrumentation, control systems, automation and
software technologies applicable to the manufacturing and delivery of bulk &
packaged explosives and their precursors.
- A key challenge of this role is to identify, design and implement
- Regional travel up to 20%.
- Work in underground and surface mines.
- Work in temperature and climate extremes.
- The role reports to the Control and Automation Manager and forms an
integral part of the overall Products & Delivery Systems team. This role
interacts regionally with a variety of internal and external stakeholders
- No direct reports, but some management of external contractors
- Define and adhere to standards and protocols as appropriate for
the development and use of technologies applicable to the manufacturing and
delivery of bulk & packaged chemicals and/or explosives and their
- Contribute to intellectual property generation and protection.
- Scan environment to look for novel technologies applicable to the
manufacturing, construction and delivery of bulk explosives and their
- Identify improvement opportunities in existing manufacturing and
construction processes via the use of new instrumentation, control systems,
automation or software technologies
- Participate in the instrumentation, control systems, automation
and software design, development and testing for use in innovative
manufacturing and delivery systems
- Ensure designs and novel technologies are robust through the use
of appropriate verification & validation processes
- Document design basis for key elements of control systems and
- Transform existing work practices into productive automated
- Participate in the handover of control systems, automation or
- Manage external service providers to ensure effective delivery
(time, cost, quality) of software and/or hardware
Should you be interested in this position, please email a clean copy of your
resume (Word format preferred) to jackie AT sorcesolutions DOT com
along with 3-5 available times for a telephone prescreening (30 minutes maximum). In order to ensure a response within 48 hours, please be sure to include the position title in the subject line of
your response message.
Should you not be interested the above listed position but know of someone
who may be - please feel free to forward this message and please let us know
who referred you to ensure the referral program is paid as planned. For
other positions, check out our website listings at
If you are looking for a new position and have not sent us an updated resume
within the last 6 months - please do so. Having the most up to date
information will allow us the opportunity to match you to new/approved
positions as soon as they open!
Jacqueline M. Sorce
Owner/President - Sorce Solutions, Inc.
jackie AT sorcesolutions DOT com