We are currently looking for a Sr. Consultant-Solaris to join our Sun department in Bentonville, AR.
We are currently in need of a Senior Consultant to join our Solaris 10 practice. The Senior Consultant will act as a Delivery Specialist for the Solaris 10 Advanced Features & Migration Services practice. The Senior Consultant leads a team of delivery Consultants performing the Implementation of Solaris 10 Advanced Features, Migrations, and Enterprise Virtualization/Consolidation. The Senior Consultant is also required to have exceptional customer facing skills and is expected to understand all facets of the engagement including scope, business case analysis, and technical requirements. The Senior Consultant works closely with the Solution Architect transitioning the assessment into a deployable solution and has significant design input. The Senior Consultant is expected to mentor and educate delivery consultants on methodologies, policies & procedures, & ensure compliance of same on all engagements. The Senior Consultant requires exceptional technical skills including troubleshooting and resolving system performance issues utilizing Solaris utilities such as DTrace.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Lead an implementation team for Solaris 10 Advanced Features and Migration deployments including Enterprise Consolidation architectures.
· Implement and troubleshoot system configuration for software in multiple customer environments. Directly interact with clients, account managers and solution architects to identify, develop, and obtain complete information for solutions including hardware, software and services, and scope statement and level of effort for proposal/SOW development.
· Mentor associate consultants and serve as escalation point for their technical related project issues.
· Contribute and develop best practices, strategies, methodologies and documentation/templates suitable for use by other consultants and associate consultants. Ensure compliance of same on all engagements including 3rd party labor (3PL).
· Achieve high level of Customer Satisfaction on all consulting engagements by executing to achieve client project expectations set by technical leads and project managers and develop strong customer relationships and trust to secure future business.
· Shadow Master Consultants and Solutions Architects.
· B.S. or B.A. in a technical discipline preferred
· 5 years consulting experience required
· In depth system engineering experience involving hardware, software and services solutions at an enterprise level for product lines.
· Direct involvement in working with internal and external teams to implement and troubleshoot hardware, software and services.
· Leadership experience
· System Services Architecture & Design experience preferred
· Solaris 10 System Administrator skills preferred
· Sun Provisioning product experience
· Advanced Solaris debugging and troubleshooting
· In depth knowledge of Virtualization/Consolidation environments
· Vendor, distributor, channel and product knowledge and experience.
· Direct Enterprise management of installations with focus on large computing environments.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
· Solaris certifications preferred
· Sun hardware certifications preferred
· Strong verbal and written communication skills.
· Strong time management and organizational skills.
· Ability to acquire technical skills and problem solve.
· Ability to work as a team player in a consulting environment.
· Ability to travel weekly up to 50%-60% regionally.
· Ability to work with wide variety of client staff including management and technical staff.
· Resourceful working with disparate client and internal departments to deliver meaningful solutions.
· Demonstrated consulting expertise in mid sized and Fortune 1000 customer environments
· Demonstrated ability to implement and troubleshoot HW and SW systems and configurations without procedural guidance.
· Demonstrated ability to develop strong customer relationships and trust to secure future business.
· Demonstrated ability to achieve high level of Customer Satisfaction on all consulting engagements
· Demonstrated leadership expertise and ability to develop strong relationships with technical and Project Management peers
· Demonstrated senior mentoring and educational abilities
· Demonstrated methodology, policy & procedure compliance and understanding of the business risk when not followed.
Forsythe Technology, Inc.