Role: Senior QA Engineer - Automation
ArcSight (ARST) is a leading provider of security and compliance solutions that intelligently identify and mitigate business risk and deliver a centralized view of enterprise-wide events across heterogeneous networks. This real time and historical view into external attacks, insider threats and compliance audit controls provides enterprises, MSSPs and government agencies with the intelligence and response capabilities required to effectively protect and manage their networks and businesses.
Primary responsibilities are to automate system, API-based tests for ArcSight products, execute, monitor and maintain existing tests, and enhance the automation framework, harness, shared libraries, and tools. Ideal candidates will have a strong understanding of developing automation frameworks for Enterprise-class, multi-tier products. The candidate will be able to develop designs for automation components, work with QA to develop automation test plans and assist engineers in developing automated tests, work with development teams to understand how to test the API’s, and contribute to making the products more easily testable. Additional responsibilities include filing bug reports and working closely with other team members in Engineering, Technical Support and Professional Services.
* 4 plus years of software quality assurance with enterprise-class software
* 3 plus years development experience in structured, object-oriented languages.
* 2 plus years Java development
* Strong automated testing experience utilizing Java based automation tools
* Strong ability to develop system, API, and component test plans, automated tests, and supporting libraries
* Strong ability with object-oriented development
* Experience with Linux and Windows
* Experience with SQL, PL/SQL, databases, Oracle and Postgres preferred
* Familiarity with Perl
* Familiarity with shell scripting and windows scripting
* Experience in Perl object-based automation is a plus
* Experience in shell and windows scripting is a plus
* Experience testing Firewalls, IDS, and/or Vulnerability Scanners desirable
* BA/BS required, Masters preferred.
Location: Cupertino, CA
Please send resumes to email@example.com