Job: Sr. QA GUI Automation EngineerAugust 26th, 2008
Role: Sr. QA GUI Automation Engineer
Develop enhancements to ArcSight’s Selenium in Java and SilkTest frameworks, libraries, and tests for testing the GUIs of our Enterprise security products, both web-client-based and Java-client-based. The ideal candidate will be able to design shared libraries for testers based on tests needed, suggest test plan changes to make automation more efficient, suggest product changes to make them more testable, write tests, review code, and train testers in Selenium, SilkTest, and automation. Ideally the candidate would have solid understanding of Java and know another scripting language and be able to contribute beyond GUI-focused tests.
Work with testers to define automation goals for each product. Develop libraries for each product to enable the required tests. Develop tests for each product. Develop functionality to integrate GUI test frameworks with test harness infrastructure so that tests can be automatically run and the results reported. Ensure that tests are being run and proactively maintain tests or see that they are maintained. File bugs for and follow up on test failures. Assist with running and maintaining existing Acceptance tests. Schedule work and hit deadlines.
* 3 plus years GUI automation experience with Web- and Java-based GUIs
* Experience with Java and Selenium
* Experience with Java-GUI-based testing in SilkTest
* Strong ability to design test libraries in Java/Selenium and SilkTest
* Ability to troubleshoot automation failures and file good bugs, contributing to good resolutions, including AJAX issues
* Ability to review code and train engineers
* Experience with Windows and Linux
* Familiarity with Shell scripting, Windows scripting, or Perl
* Experience with Shell scripting, Windows scripting, or Perl a plus
* Experience with Security products and practices a plus.
* Experience with network devices a plus.
* Experience with SQL and Oracle a plus.
* Cupertino, CA
Please submit resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Filed under Jobs | | RSS 2.0 | Email this Article