Location: Redmond, WA
The US SMS&P Midmarket marketing organization is seeking a candidate to own the upper midmarket (Depth) customer engagement marketing strategy. This is a critical leadership position for the US subsidiary, with nearly $2B in MM business growing double digits YOY. This represents an opportunity to touch the 25,000+ depth companies in the US with 200 to 1000+ employees. The role includes team management and ownership of depth customer marketing including defining the customer experience that optimally maps the right customer with the right solution and the right partner.
As Director of Depth Customer Engagement Marketing, you will be responsible for the strategy, definition, and success of Microsoft’s depth customer segment. You will create strategies that deliver customer value at scale. This will require analysis of market and industry trends including understanding of customer’s experiences with Microsoft’s products, solutions, and volume licensing programs. This role has accountability for pipeline, revenue, customer and partner satisfaction, and organizational health. This will require strong thought leadership and people management skills and the ability to succeed in a high visibility role that has a significant impact on the US subsidiary business and Microsoft’s overall customer engagement strategy.
This business leader will be responsible for:
- Developing a deep understanding of our depth customers’ needs and behaviors over their purchasing lifecycle and identify key targets and opportunities for Microsoft growth
- Defining the marketing playbook and orchestrating the entire value chain for how Microsoft engages with depth customers
- Executing the strategy through both new and in-market marketing initiatives
- Defining the most effective channel experience through OEM, VAR, LAR and Distributor and other channels through which Microsoft markets and sells it products to our depth customers in partnership with USPG Articulating the field go-dos in the context of the go-to-market plan and supporting the Depth v-team in communicating to the field
- Driving actions and measurements for teams to manage budgets to within +/- 5% on a monthly basis
Successful candidates will have a proven track record in people management, customer segmentation and analysis, value propositions and engaging in sales and marketing engagements, and specifically engagements that span multiple years. Management leadership expectations include succession planning, team WHI, and employee development. Other key skills include quantitative proficiency, the ability to quickly establish credibility with senior executives by presenting and defending ideas to drive results, and effective communication skills to work with both internal and external audiences as a spokesperson and advocate. The position demands exceptional collaborative teaming and consensus building abilities, as well as proficiency in cross-discipline, cross-divisional and cross-product group cooperation. The ideal candidate will have a bachelor’s degree and 10+ years in related marketing, business development or product management experience in software marketing. A minimum of 3 years of management experience required. MBA is a plus.
Cyndy Davis, SPHR
Global Central Sourcing Team
Strategic Staffing Consultant
cyndyd AT microsoft DOT com
Visit my blog - www.cyndyonline.com