Position: IT Service Management Architect
Covestic distinguishes itself from other organizations that provide ITIL and service management related services via our pragmatic, results-oriented approach that draws from more than just the ITIL texts to design and deliver solutions. We leverage many years of hands-on IT business and operations experience to ensure the right solution path is tailored to the right problem.
In support of this, we are seeking service management consultants with practical experience to develop and implement service management and IT operations processes and solutions. Activities will span the full lifecycle of service management and IT operations, from custom workshop-based education services, to audit/assessment, to roadmap/planning, to partnership-based remediation.
- Participate in IT process and solution assessment and design engagements (either leading small projects or teaming with colleagues on larger ones)
- Participate in fact-based IT data gathering, data analysis, prioritization, and development of improvement strategies and plans
- Create clear and compelling written deliverables (or portions of deliverables as assigned), providing specific, tailored, and actionable advice and recommendations
- Scope, schedule and facilitate workshops with senior management and SMEs of our clients to discover, document, analyze and optimize IT processes
- Assist our clients in establishing the decision-making criteria and facilitate the selection process for a ITSM and Operations related application and solutions
- Research and maintain awareness of current and emerging process, policy, and technology solutions related to IT Service Management and IT Operations
- Mentor colleagues and oversee assigned engagements
- 50% US Westcoast travel required
Successful candidates will possess a broad range of knowledge and skills including:
- IT process, organizational, and technical knowledge
- Deep ITIL subject matter expertise
- Process engineering
- Highly developed documentation skills
- Solid interviewing techniques
- Speaking and presentation competence
- 5+ years consulting
- 5+ years hands-on IT experience
- 3+ years specific experience in IT operations infrastructure development and improvement as it relates to IT Service Management. This includes process, organization, and enabling technologies.
- ITIL Service Manager v2 and v3 Expert Certification is desired. However, candidates with ITIL Practitioner v3 certification and significant service management design and implementation experience will be considered.
Applied experience in the design and deployment of at least three of the following is a must:
- Service Desk
- Incident Management
- Problem Management
- Change Management
- Release Management
- Configuration Management
- Service Level Management
- Financial Management
- Availability Management
- Capacity Management
- Business Continuity Management
- Service Catalog Management
- Full lifecycle CMS/CMDB/Configuration Management design and deployment
- Experience implementing ITSM or IT Operations related software solutions is desired.
- ITIL trainer experience is a plus.
- Knowledge and experience with ISO20000, Project Management methodologies, Six Sigma, CoBIT, CMMI and other processes, controls or methodologies is desired.
- Experience with process modeling techniques and applications is desired
- Outstanding communications skills (writing, presentations, etc.); ability to communicate in a logical, concise, and confident manner
- Ability to travel 50-75%
- Demonstrated ability to organize workload, multitask, think analytically, solve technical problems, and establish relationships across business and IT team members
- Self-starter, self-motivated, self-directed
- Focused and driven to deliver
- Ability to comprehend client business objectives and use them to guide consulting work
- Practical knowledge and experience of a broad range of service management, operations, and infrastructure related tools and technologies
- Familiarity with enterprise architecture concepts and best practices
- Hands-on experience with Service-Now.com, BMC Remedy/Atrium and HP ITSM products desired (but not required)
Candidates should be local to the California. No vendors or agencies please. We are not accepting applicants that require visa assistance.
PLEASE APPLY DIRECTLY TO: www.covestic.com/careers.html