Position: Manager of Service Management
Base + Bonus + Comprehensive Benefits
Local Candidates Only - No Sponsorship
Location: Framingham, MA Area
A smaller division of a large, successful, and growing global firm focused
on Health Care related services.
Position Responsibilities - Summary:
The Manager of Service Management will effectively lead, manage, motivate
and technically evaluate a group of service management and control
specialists in achieving their objectives. This individual will be expected
to understand the needs of the business users, plan, set group objectives
and monitor both the timeliness and quality of group initiatives. They will
advise IT and business partners on IT Service Management implementation
- Develop processes related to IT Service Management and ITIL. Implement and support developed processes and procedures.
- Achieve IT and business operational objectives by contributing information
and recommendations to strategic plans and reviews; preparing and completing action plans; implementing production, productivity, quality, and
customer-service standards; resolving problems; completing audits;
identifying trends; determining system improvements and implementing change.
- Prepare and present project proposals to management and user departments.
Establish process standards and manage the creation of process documentation.
- Monitor ITIL based Service Delivery and Service Support processes and
prepare reports on process performance. Select, develop and evaluate
personnel to ensure the effective and efficient operation of the function.
This is a Manager position with direct reports who is responsible for the
design, implementation and management of the ITIL Service Management
processes. In particular, this position is responsible for the definition of
all ITIL processes, and the process development and execution of Event,
Change, Incident, Problem, Service Fulfillment, Configuration, Release
Knowledge, Service Catalog and Service Level Management. The Service Manager is a key player in bringing organizational and technical vision to fruition.
- As the Manager responsible for the ITIL Service Management processes you
will work across multiple departments, assessing process, gathering
requirements and driving projects to departmental and enterprise goals.
- You will manage a staff responsible for HP Service Desk and associated
tools as well as individuals responsible for ensuring compliance to SOX and
Internal Control Standards.
- Plan service objectives by determining requirements; defining, assembling,
and scheduling required service resources; confirming costs and defining
- Manage the reporting of SLAs for all services, Service Level Agreements
and Operational Level Agreements.
- Management responsibilities will include goal setting, resource
management, performance appraisals, and compensation reviews as well as
leadership and coaching as needed to the team.
- Follow appropriate structured project management controls, methodologies
- Enhance and develop new standards and controls as required to continually
enhance quality of IT deliverables.
- Work closely with senior IT management to develop key strategic and
tactical plans for the development and execution of Service Management and
- As a senior member of the Application Services and Control team, the IT
Manager, Service Management is expected to be a mentor and positive
influence to other members of the department.
Required Skills and Competencies:
- Bachelors or Masters in Computer Science, Business Administration, Project
Management or equivalent.
- Candidate must have prior experience in working with ITIL processes. ITIL
V3 Foundations certification is required. ITIL Service Manager is desired.
- Experience with Six Sigma, CMMI, Cobit, ISO 20,000 or some other
recognized methodology is beneficial but not required.
- The ideal candidate will bring 8-10 years’ experience in project/program
and client management expertise.
- Candidate will have the capability to provide advisory/thought leadership
to IT and business partners in their areas of business and technology.
- Experience with emerging technology companies.
Base + Bonus + Comprehensive Benefits
No Sponsorship Available - US Based Applicants Only - Local Candidates Only
Gary Wright - President - Wright Associates
Phone - (508) 761-6354
Email - replywrightassociates AT verizon DOT net
Website - www.wrightassociates.org