Position: Sr. Software Quality Engineer
Location: Santa Clara, CA
Do you have a passion for testing innovative software products? Are
you motivated by the challenges inherent in testing highly scalable,
complex and reliable software systems?
The Grid Computing team at Yahoo! is looking for experienced software
quality engineers to help test and improve infrastructure aimed at
reliably serving the data manipulation, mining and storage needs of
applications that work with multi-terabyte data sets. You will be
responsible for the designing and maintaining automated test suites
for frameworks and tools that support scalable distributed computation
over large data sets, manage resource allocation for applications, and
handle monitoring and management of large collections of machines.
Our team works extensively with open source software. You will have
the opportunity to work with and on various open source grid
platforms. Our primary distributed computing platform is Hadoop (www.hadoop.apache.org/
) and Pig (www.incubator.apache.org/pig/), Apache Software
Foundation open source projects, in the development of which we are
deeply engaged. As a member of the Grid Computing team, you will have
the opportunity to contribute to significant open source projects.
You should have solid software development and testing skills, strong
people skills, and the enthusiasm to learn new things. Your duties
will be focused on:
- further developing and maintaining our distributed automated test
suites for Hadoop, Pig and other technologies
- investigating, reporting and tracking defects
- creating and reviewing test plans for these distributed components
- communicating clearly with developers in an open source project
Minimum Job Qualifications:
- Proficiency in Java or C++.
- 5+ years of automated whitebox testing experience.
- Knowledge of scripting languages (perl, php).
- Working knowledge of SQL.
- Experience working on Unix/Linux platforms, shell scripting (bash,
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
Preferred Job Qualifications:
- Knowledge of open source test tools.
- A BSc in CS/EE or equivalent.
- Experience in one or more of these areas:
- parallel, distributed or grid computing
- multi-threaded application development
Please reply to yvettee AT yahoo-inc DOT com
Yahoo! Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. For more information or
to search all of our openings, please visit http:careers.yahoo.com