Position: Global Monitoring Manager
Outstanding Compensation Package - Base + Bonus + PS
Location: Marlborough, MA Area
Large, successful, and growing Boston based Investment Management Firm - Great Company - Lots of Upside - Excellent Compensation Package - Bonus - Profit Sharing etc. Join a team oriented, collaborative, results focused environment and become part of an elite organization with great growth possibilities.
Position Responsibilities - Summary:
The Global Monitoring Manager is a hands-on manager responsible for a team of 3 to 5 who provide global enterprise monitoring solutions for a complex financial services network.
- Work with a variety of IS team to gather requirements for monitors
- Design and deploy monitors to Test
- Manage the implementation of the monitors from planning through to testing and deployment
Required Skills and Competencies:
- 8+ years hands on experience working with a network management system
- Serve as lead resource for network management systems with respect to all corporate database, server, application and infrastructure technologies
- Installing, administering and monitoring Sun Solaris and MS OS operating system, database, and network performance
- Create meaningful metrics and dashboards that clearly show trends
- Solid understanding of ITIL, including change management controls/processes and CMDB.
- Previous experience creating end-to-end monitoring and management of application, network, and system health and performance in a complex network.
- Customize and extend network management tools based on internal client and business requirements
- Integrate network management tools with key third party systems (monitoring, ticketing, and workflow)
- Ensure monitoring capabilities match client expectations.
- Knowledge of network management platforms including but not limited to: BMC Patrol, HP OpenView, Science Logic EM7, CA Unicenter, CiscoWorks, and other vendor specific management tools and management systems
- Using Unix, Linux and Wintel Scripting languages to gather data from databases, application and log files from operating systems
- Experience with configuration and use of AlarmPoint
- Experience in a 24X7 Mission Critical Environment Required - Financial Service Industry background preferred.
- Four-year undergraduate degree preferred
- Hands on experience with MS Office products (including Vision and Project)
- Willingness to travel as required to remote sites as needed
- Deep knowledge of system integration and networking architectures
- Professionalism and/or demonstrated customer service skills
- Proven organizational, teamwork, and mentoring skills
- Solid communication skills (written and verbal)
- Proven ability to multi-task and perform well in a face paced environment
Keys to this Position:
1. Strong skills managing a Global Monitoring Systems environment.
2. The candidate should have a strong understanding of the following Monitoring Technologies: BMC Patrol and HP Openview.
3. The candidate should also have good experience with monitoring tools in a Windows and Unix environment.
4. BMC Remedy and TWS (Tivoli Workstation Scheduler) would be considered a strong plus. Down the road this person will also become the Tools Manager and will be responsible for Backup tools, Remedy and TWS.
Very Competitive Base Salary + Profit Sharing + Bonus - Comprehensive Benefits Package
No Sponsorship Available - US Based Applicants Only - Relocation Possible for exceptionally strong candidates
Gary Wright - President - Wright Associates
Phone - (508) 761-6354
Email - ReplyWrightAssociates AT Verizon DOT Net
Website - www.wrightassociates.org