Role: Sr. Linux/Unix Sys Admin - Marlborough, MA Area – Up to $100K+
Up to $100K+ Base DOE + Bonus + PS
Large, successful, and growing Boston based Investment Management Firm –Great Company – Lots of Upside – Excellent Compensation Package – Bonus –Profit Sharing etc.
Position Responsibilities - Summary:
This is a senior level position reporting to the Unix Team Lead.
The Linux System Administrator will be responsible for implementing and supporting Linux servers and software in a grid environment. In addition, the candidate will partner with the Linux community.
The ideal candidate for this position should be able to perform both basic &advanced Unix administration tasks including server builds, cluster management, open source software build and troubleshooting, SAN/NAS storage
configuration, and the management of software infrastructure and tools.
The candidate will be asked to enhance and develop the team’s documentation.
The ideal candidate should be a self-starter and extremely capable of communicating effectively with co-workers at both the technical and non-technical levels.
The ideal candidate should also possess an extensive background in capacity planning, performance measurement, server and storage design. Possessing some level of versatility is key to the success of this position.
Required Skills and Competencies:
· 5 years of implementing and administering Linux systems in a production environment.
· Experience with Red Hat Enterprise Server.
· Experience with x86-based hardware.
· Experience with KickStart and RPM.
· Demonstrated shell scripting expertise.
· Experience with system security configuration and auditing.
· Experience with system performance monitoring and
· Experience building and deploying Open Source software.
· Ability to multi-task several mission critical tasks and projects with little or no supervision.
· Strong written and verbal communication skills required.
· Experience with HPC and grid computing, Sun Grid Engine a plus.
· Experience with distributed computing, MPI/PVM a plus.
· Experience with high-end storage devices and host-based logical volume managers: EMC Symmetrix, Clariion, and Veritas Volume Manager are a plus.
· Experience with Sun Solaris systems is a plus.
Very Competitive Base Salary + Profit Sharing + Bonus - Comprehensive Benefits Package
No Sponsorship Available – US Based Applicants Only – Relocation Possible
Gary Wright - President – Wright Associates
Phone - (508) 761-6354
Email - email@example.com - WEB Site –