Position: Sr. Network Engineer
Location: Marlborough, MA Area
Large, successful, and growing Boston based Investment Management Firm - Great Company - Lots of Upside - Excellent Compensation Package - Bonus - Profit Sharing etc. Join a team oriented, collaborative, results focused environment and become part of an elite organization with great growth possibilities.
Position Responsibilities - Summary:
An experienced senior network engineer is needed to provide the Network Services team with complimentary skills to support the user community. Candidates will posses expertise in managing a complex LAN and WAN environment across numerous business units and geographical locations. Candidate should be experienced in advanced network deployment and support in a multi-vendor environment.
Extremely strong logistical skills and the ability to manage many deployments at the same time is critical. Strong accountability, analytical, process, organizational and communication skills are a must in this role.
- Provide Tier 2 and/or Tier 3 network support for a complex enterprise WAN and LAN network
- Troubleshoot and identify sources of problems, working with equipment vendors and telecom providers to bring issues to resolution.
- Monitor and resolve service requests in accordance with published SLAs.
- Strong leadership qualities
- Strong communications skills across many concurrent deployments with the ability to communicate details to the project teams and clearly communicate status to management
- Review and assist in the creation of desktop management policies and procedures for an enterprise.
- Establish and enforce best practice processes for network management, including configurations, monitoring, patch management and security
- Oversee hardware deployments for domestic and international initiatives
- Oversee compliance with change control and release management processes
Keys to this Position:
1. 5 to 10 years of in depth Cisco Routing and Switching experience is required.
2. Advanced working knowledge of routing protocols including OSPF and BGP are required.
3. Some Project Management experience would be important to have.
4. Some 3rd party experience with F5 Global Traffic Manager or at least experience with DNS (Domain Network Server) would be important to have. Riverbed Steelhead WAN acceleration would be a big plus. This is another 3rd party product.
5. Cisco Wireless, Cisco Design and Server Load Balancing experience would be a big plus.
6. CCNP or CCIE would be a nice to have.
Required Skills and Competencies:
- Advanced Working knowledge (from a management perspective) of complex LAN and Wan environments, including VoIP and structured cabling in required. Cisco device programming and troubleshooting including routers CatOS and IOS switches, ASA, ACE, CSS, VPN and wireless. Knowledge of Riverbed Steelhead, Infoblox DNS and F5 DNS is a plus. Avaya VoIP is a plus.
- Advanced working knowledge of routing protocols including OSPF, BGP, RIP.
- 5+ years Cisco networking experience
- Emphasis on sharing of knowledge through good communications, peer training and written documentation - Strong inter-personal skills
- Positive customer service and team attitude (helping others when required)
- Focused on quality
- Committed to continual improvement
- Willingness to travel as required to remote sites during large deployments, as needed.
- Willingness to participate in oncall rotation. Preferred Skills
- Cisco Routers and switches (CatOS and IOS), ASA, ACE, CSS, VPN
- Routing protocols - OSPF, BGP, RIP
- Riverbed Steelhead, Infoblox DNS, F5 DNS
- Avaya VoIP (4610 and 4621 phones), 8300, 8500, 8700 switches is a plus
- Cisco certification is a plus
- A four-year undergraduate degree
Very Competitive Base Salary + Profit Sharing + Bonus - Comprehensive Benefits Package
No Sponsorship Available - US Based Applicants Only
Gary Wright - President - Wright Associates
Phone - (508) 761-6354
Email - ReplyWrightAssociates AT Verizon DOT Net
Website - www.wrightassociates.org