Position: Senior Cisco Network Engineer
3 Openings - Duration of 3-6 months - Possibly Longer
No 3rd Parties - No Sponsorship - Local Candidates Only
Location: Marlborough, MA Area
Position Responsibilities - Summary:
An experienced senior network engineer is needed to provide the Network
Services team with complimentary skills to support our user community.
Candidates will posses expertise in managing a complex LAN and WAN
environment across numerous business units and geographical locations.
Candidate should be experienced in advanced network deployment and support
in a multi-vendor environment.
Extremely strong logistical skills and the ability to manage many
deployments at the same time are critical. Strong accountability,
analytical, process, organizational and communication skills are a must in
- Provide Tier 2 and/or Tier 3 network support for a complex
enterprise WAN and LAN network
- Troubleshoot and identify sources of problems, working with
equipment vendors and telecom providers to bring issues to resolution.
- Monitor and resolve service requests in accordance with published
- Strong leadership qualities
- Strong communications skills across many concurrent deployments
with the ability to communicate details to the project teams and clearly
communicate status to management
- Review and assist in the creation of desktop management policies
and procedures for an enterprise.
- Establish and enforce best practice processes for network
management, including configurations, monitoring, patch management and
- Oversee hardware deployments for domestic and international
- Oversee compliance with change control and release management
Required Skills and Competencies:
Key to the position:
1. 5 to 10 years of in depth Cisco Routing and Switching experience is
2. Advanced working knowledge of routing protocols including OSPF and BGP
3. Some Project Management experience would be important to have.
4. Some 3rd party experience with F5 Global Traffic Manager or at least
experience with DNS (Domain Network Server) would be important to have.
Riverbed Steelhead WAN acceleration would be a big plus. This is another 3rd
5. Cisco Wireless, Cisco Design and Server Load Balancing experience would
be a big plus.
6. CCNP or CCIE would be a nice to have.
Candidate must possess the following qualifications:
- Cisco Routers and switches (CatOS and IOS), ASA, ACE, CSS, VPN
- Routing protocols - OSPF, BGP, RIP
- Riverbed Steelhead, Infoblox DNS, F5 DNS
- Avaya VoIP (4610 and 4621 phones), 8300, 8500, 8700 switches is a
- Cisco certification is a plus
- A four-year undergraduate degree
Please provide rate range you will consider and a quick email cover on how
you match key requirements.
Elite Investment Management Firm - Opportunity to go full time if you are
not afraid to prove your value.
Gary Wright - President - Wright Associates
Phone - (508) 761-6354
Email - replywrightassociates AT verizon DOT net
Website - www.wrightassociates.org