Position: Senior Cisco Network Engineer
3 Openings - Duration of 3-6 months - Possibly Longer
No 3rd Parties - No Sponsorship - Local Candidates Only
Location: Marlborough, MA Area
Please provide rate range you will consider and a quick email cover on how
you match key requirements.
Elite Investment Management Firm - Opportunity to go full time if you are
not afraid to prove your value.
Position Responsibilities - Summary:
An experienced senior network engineer is needed to provide the Network
Services team with complimentary skills to support our user community.
Candidates will posses expertise in managing a complex LAN and WAN
environment across numerous business units and geographical locations.
Candidate should be experienced in advanced network deployment and support
in a multi-vendor environment.
Extremely strong logistical skills and the ability to manage many
deployments at the same time are critical- Strong accountability,
analytical, process, organizational and communication skills are a must in
- Provide Tier 2 and/or Tier 3 network support for a complex
enterprise WAN and LAN network
- Troubleshoot and identify sources of problems, working with
equipment vendors and telecom providers to bring issues to resolution.
- Monitor and resolve service requests in accordance with published
- Strong leadership qualities
- Strong communications skills across many concurrent deployments
with the ability to communicate details to the project teams and clearly
communicate status to management
- Review and assist in the creation of desktop management policies
and procedures for an enterprise.
- Establish and enforce best practice processes for network
management, including configurations, monitoring, patch management and
- Oversee hardware deployments for domestic and international
- Oversee compliance with change control and release management
Required Skills and Competencies:
Keys to the Position:
1 5 to 10 years of in depth Cisco Routing and Switching experience is
2 Advanced working knowledge of routing protocols including OSPF and BGP
3 Some Project Management experience would be important to have.
4 Some 3rd party experience with F5 Global Traffic Manager or at least
experience with DNS (Domain Network Server) would be important to have.
Riverbed Steelhead WAN acceleration would be a big plus- This is another 3rd
5 Cisco Wireless, Cisco Design and Server Load Balancing experience would
be a big plus.
6 CCNP or CCIE would be a nice to have.
Candidate must possess the following qualifications:
- Cisco Routers and switches (CatOS and IOS), ASA, ACE, CSS, VPN
- Routing protocols - OSPF, BGP, RIP
- Riverbed Steelhead, Infoblox DNS, F5 DNS
- Avaya VoIP (4610 and 4621 phones), 8300, 8500, 8700 switches is a
- Cisco certification is a plus
- A four-year undergraduate degree
Gary Wright - President - Wright Associates
Phone - (508) 761-6354
Email - replywrightassociates AT verizon DOT net
Website - www.wrightassociates.org