Job: Managing Consultant - Business Consulting - SeattleJanuary 9th, 2009
Position: Managing Consultant
Covestic is a leader in supplying technology and management consulting services to service provider and enterprise companies. Covestic continually partners with clients to achieve business and organizational goals through efficient and innovative solutions.
Covestic’s Business Consulting practice is experiencing rapid growth that requires the expansion of its leadership team. In this client service role, the Managing Consultant will provide in-depth wireless business and operations consulting expertise in areas including customer sales operations, retail channels, supply chain, customer care, and product development. You will be responsible for working with our leadership team to promote and maintain a common vision across the Business Consulting practice within our Telecom and Wireless industry vertical, as well as ensuring a consistent level of technical leadership, business operations, direction and growth while providing a key personal link between Covestic management its client and consultants.
- Own the client delivery and evolution of the technical content of our Business Consulting service offerings.
- Provide technical leadership, consulting project definition and delivery, and manage client relationships for operations improvement and strategy alignment / execution initiatives.
- Provides senior technical expertise to project teams and client management.
- Ensure high quality delivery for selected projects at client accounts. This will include performing and documenting regular QA sessions on all projects.
- Anticipates and identifies complex engagement issues and works closely with Engagement Managers and Practice Directors and the vertical VP in resolving them.
- Identifies and qualifies sales leads.
- Prepares complex proposals.
- Uses Covestic service offering in opportunity generation.
- When required, maintain practice management systems with updated information about sales pipeline, roll on/off dates, recruiting pipeline, personnel and project financials, etc.
- Responsible for influencing, supporting and implementing client decisions.
- Recognize opportunities to improve client service in connection with an engagement.
- Develop creative analyses to diagnose client issues.
- Employ appropriate data gathering and analysis techniques.
- Guide selected project team’s daily activities and deliverables.
Experience - External:
- MUST HAVE 10+ years of consulting and business experience in the wireless telecom industry. Ideally with a Big5 firm as either a Manager, Associate Partner or Partner or the equivalent as a Vice President in a commercial wireless/carrier and consulting experience.
- MUST HAVE extensive experience in the role of a Managing Consultant, Principal, Director or VP leading an IT Consulting practice or offering.
- Experience with operations improvement and strategy execution.
- Experience in wireless operations areas such as sales, customer operations, retail, supply chain, finance operations, customer care, and product development.
- Experience leading multiple types of business consulting projects (e.g., opportunity assessment, process improvement, new market rollouts, performance management)
- Experience as an influencer of business consulting services at a senior management level.
- Experience identifying, hiring and managing high-quality, senior, management consultants.
- Developed account plans that included growth plans, delivery assurance and QA.
- Possess excellent consultant / team management skills.
- Demonstrated leadership and communication experience/skills.
- Experience providing sales support (attending client sales meetings as a SME, solution development, proposal generation, etc.).
- Extensive project management and leadership skills.
- Has developed and delivered executive level presentations, lead contract negotiations, and provided sales support to close deals.
This position is located in the Kirkland, WA area. Relocation is required and, unfortunately, not covered. We will not be accepting candidates that require visa assistance.
Please apply directly after carefully comparing your experience to the requirement to www.covestic.com/careers.html
Filed under Job News | | RSS 2.0 | Email this Article