Position: Lab Engineer
Location: Auburn Hills, MI
JOB : 8630
JOB TITLE: Lab Engineer
LOCATION: Auburn Hills, MI
LENGTH: 9 Months
Pay Rate: $42.50/hr
Our client, a global leader in the development and manufacture of
information technology and services needs to fill an opening for a Lab
JOB DESCRIPTION - RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Position MUST be located in Auburn Hills, Michigan.
- The resource much have strong lab administrative skills,
proficient in the following OSs (Windows 2003, Windows 2008, Solaris
10), experience physically building servers / clients,
- DNS/QIP name resolution troubleshooting, strong LAN/ CAN
experience, familiarity with management tools (preferable the ones
listed in the write-up), VB scripting skills, and ability to write
- The individual must also possess great organizational skills,
ability to think methodically, ability to work with a diversified /
global team, aptitude to lead a project with little direction, and
actual experience with lab moves (preferred).
- Plan and execute engineering activities to move Client and Server
- Provide key support for consolidation of space from Auburn Hills,
MI to Pontiac, Michigan
- Scope of move will require working with local engineers to
validate requirements, BOM creation, de-install plan, reinstall plan,
test plan, communication plan and equipment placement plan.
- Current schedule date for the move is April 2011.
REQUIRED SKILLS - EXPERIENCE:
Technical Skills and Experiences:
- Demonstrates and applies a broad knowledge of enterprise
infrastructure solutions through the successful completion of moderately
- Strong networking / troubleshooting skills (LAN/CAN, firewalls,
- Security compliancy experience
- 3+ years experience with PC and server builds and OS imaging
- 2+ years experience with SAN, VMWare technologies
- 3+ years experience maintaining lab / certification environment
- Skill and experience executing test cases to validate that server
moves are successful and functional, while minimize business impact.
- Strong ability to analyze, identify and resolve business and/or
- Strong familiarity with the following operating systems: Clients -
XP, Win7; Servers - Windows 2003, Windows 2008, Solaris 8-10
- Familiar with Cornerstone standards and practices
- Active Directory expertise (FRS, GPO’s, Object Attributes) in
a large scale environment.
- Ability to read and interpret VB scripts.
- Strong organizational skills and able to work with an extended
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Experience with data center moves
- Skills and experiences with 2 or more of the following tool
classifications (McAfee Suite and Microsoft SCCM experience are most
- Security Management: Mcafee ePO, McAfee VSE, Solidcore, Cisco CSA,
Qualys Qualysguard, HP Compliance Log Warehouse
- Configuration Management: Microsoft SCCM, 1E Nomad, HP Webjetadmin
- OS / Hardware Monitoring: BMC Performance Manager, BMC Performance
Manager, HP Operations Manager, HP SIM
- Application Monitoring Tools: Quest Tool Suite, Microsoft SCOM, HP
- Medical, Dental, Vision, AD&D, Term Life, Short Term Disability
- Paid Holidays
- Direct Deposit
- Weekly Payroll
Please submit your resume for consideration through our website at
www.atppersonnel.com and click “Search Jobs “select Job Order 8644 then click “Apply to
Job” at the bottom of the Job Order screen. This will allow you to
Search all open jobs, maintain your candidate profile and display your
current interview schedule.