Position: Technology Consultant
Location: Auburn Hills, MI
JOB : 8619
JOB TITLE: Technology Consultant
LOCATION: Auburn Hills, MI
LENGTH: 9 Months
Pay Rate: $40.50/hr
Our client, a global leader in the development and manufacture of
information technology and services needs to fill an opening for a
JOB DESCRIPTION - RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Position MUST be located in Auburn Hills, Michigan.
- Plan and execute engineering activities to move Client and Server
- Provide key support for consolidation of space from Auburn Hills,
MI to Pontiac, Michigan
- Scope of move will require working with local engineers to
validate requirements, BOM creation, de-install plan, reinstall plan,
test plan, communication plan and equipment placement plan.
- Current schedule date for the move is April 2011.
REQUIRED SKILLS - EXPERIENCE:
- Must demonstrate in-depth knowledge of Microsoft Windows XP and
preferably Window 7 Operating systems.
- Knowledge of SCCM application wrapping is also a plus but not
- Must be proficient in coding languages C+, Java, .Net, VBScripting
- Must possess strong ability to perform problem diagnosis and
creative problem solving relating to the Windows OS and standard Windows
- Experience completing medium to complex projects and participating
as a team member on projects of medium to complex scope
- Use SMS/SCCM and VB Script to wrap an application EXE or MSI/MST
to be distributed to a Windows XP or Windows 7 client and write the
processes around it to be used by GMOL operations
- Includes defining requirements, system testing, support user
acceptance testing (UAT), and provide status updates
- Participate in planning and implementation of SCCM wrapping.
Provide production support for issues and enhancements after projects
- Interacts with the lead engineers to gain an understanding of the
business environment, technical context and organizational strategic
- Coordinates and collaborates with others in analyzing collected
requirements to ensure plans and identified solutions meet customer
needs and expectations.
- Document project requirements, risks, design, test plans,
deployment procedures and operation/support procedures following Quality
Management Process (QMS) standards
- Assist Operations in high-level problem analysis and resolve
issues related to the SCCM wrapped solution
- Work closely with OPS to develop, document, and implement
processes to correct deficiencies and to improve system reliability
REQUIRED TECHNICAL SKILLS - EXPERIENCE:
- 5 or more years of experience with the Windows XP, Windows Vista
or Windows 7 OS
- 1 or more years of experience with the SMS/SCCM Application
Wrapping is a plus
- 1 or more years of experience with the Wise Package Studio or
InstallShield or similar Windows Installer authoring tool is a plus
- Knowledge and experience coding in VB Script.
- Knowledge and experience coding in .NET.
- Knowledge of AD GPOs and GPPs
- Working knowledge and support of Intel PC architecture
- Windows OS certifications (MSCE, MCP, etc.)
- Technical resourcefulness and self-sufficient, as help may not
always be readily available
- Must be able to write custom scripts / programs (VBScript, batch
files, WMI, SQL Query language)
- Understanding of how applications and operating systems work in
- Project management experience, particularly in the area of
engineering solutions is a plus
- Medical, Dental, Vision, AD&D, Term Life, Short Term Disability
- Paid Holidays
- Direct Deposit
- Weekly Payroll
Please submit your resume to recruiter AT atppersonnel DOT com
and include a statement detailing how your experience matches the specific areas of expertise required for this job.