Position: Technology Consultant
Location: Auburn Hills, MI
JOB : 8630
JOB TITLE: Technology Consultant- Infrastructure
LOCATION: Auburn Hills, MI
LENGTH: 9 Months
Pay Rate: $42.50/hr
Our client, a global leader in the development and manufacture of
information technology and services needs to fill an opening for a
Technology Consultant- Infrastructure.
JOB DESCRIPTION - RESPONSIBILITIES:
Technology Consultant- Infrastructure
- Position MUST be located in Auburn Hills, Michigan.
- Plan and execute engineering activities to move Client and Server
- Provide key support for consolidation of space from Auburn Hills,
MI to Pontiac, Michigan
- Scope of move will require working with local engineers to
validate requirements, BOM creation, de-install plan, reinstall plan,
test plan, communication plan and equipment placement plan.
- Current schedule date for the move is April 2011.
REQUIRED SKILLS - EXPERIENCE:
Technical Skills and Experiences:
- Demonstrates and applies a broad knowledge of enterprise
infrastructure solutions through the successful completion of moderately
- Strong networking / troubleshooting skills (LAN/CAN, firewalls,
- Security compliancy experience
- 3+ years experience with PC and server builds and OS imaging
- 2+ years experience with SAN, VMWare technologies
- 3+ years experience maintaining lab / certification environment
- Skill and experience executing test cases to validate that server
moves are successful and functional, while minimize business impact.
- Strong ability to analyze, identify and resolve business and/or
- Strong familiarity with the following operating systems: Clients -
XP, Win7; Servers - Windows 2003, Windows 2008, Solaris 8-10
- Familiar with Cornerstone standards and practices
- Active Directory expertise (FRS, GPO’s, Object Attributes) in
a large scale environment.
- Ability to read and interpret VB scripts.
- Strong organizational skills and able to work with an extended
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Experience with data center moves
- Skills and experiences with 2 or more of the following tool
classifications (McAfee Suite and Microsoft SCCM experience are most
- Security Management: Mcafee ePO, McAfee VSE, Solidcore, Cisco CSA,
Qualys Qualysguard, HP Compliance Log Warehouse
- Configuration Management: Microsoft SCCM, 1E Nomad, HP Webjetadmin
- OS / Hardware Monitoring: BMC Performance Manager, BMC Performance
Manager, HP Operations Manager, HP SIM
- Application Monitoring Tools: Quest Tool Suite, Microsoft SCOM, HP
- Medical, Dental, Vision, AD&D, Term Life, Short Term Disability
- Paid Holidays
- Direct Deposit
- Weekly Payroll
Please submit your resume to recruiter AT atppersonnel DOT com
and include a statement detailing how your experience matches the specific areas of expertise required for this job.