Role: Sales Director
Technorati is the definitive source for what’s happening on the Web, right now. Technorati.com is the most popular online destination for searching and discovering blog and mainstream media content on the Web, which is probably why Time Magazine said we are one of the “25 Sites We Can’t Live Without.” Our users range from popular brands to international media outlets to everybody else who just wants to stay abreast of the latest talk on the Web. Our team is dedicated to serving them all, and having fun while we do it.
This role requires an individual who can successfully combine a solid understanding of online publishing, the social web, online advertising, and content distribution. This position will report directly to the Sr. Director of Sales. The Sales Director will be responsible for qualification, sales and growth of advertising partner relationships in the East Region. Position is based in our NYC office however, qualified candidates may be hired to work from their home in an alternate Eastern Market. Territory allocation and the day/day management of Account Executives in the East Region will be an additional level of responsibility that can be added as dictated by growth in active accounts.
* Apply effective management processes across your defined territory
* Assist direct reports in preparation of presentations and other materials needed for partner meetings or demonstrations.
* Manage day-to-day integration and ongoing management of relationships including a focus on the short-term deliverables, concurrent with a firm understanding of an advertiser’s defined campaign goals.
* Communicate regularly with partners regarding product strategy, competitive intelligence analysis and other campaign support items.
* Coordinate and participate in key internal and external partner related meetings and manage internal communication flow including updates, successes, missteps, opportunities, etc in region.
* Work with Sales and Marketing to find additional ways to maximize the ROI of these partnerships and to bolster Technorati brand presence in East Region.
* Perform competitive intelligence research to aid in new partner acquisition and best practices recommendations.
* Actively contribute to cross functional development teams as they relate to partnerships, products, agency relations, sales materials, etc.
* Interpret, analyze and add-value to Technorati data to ensure clients acknowledge, understand and apply the key market insights inherent in our data.
* Renewing existing business and collaborate with Sales Support, Research and Product teams to use campaign analytics to expand business with existing clients.
* Bachelor’s degree (BA/BS) from a four year, accredited college or university; and required minimum of four years of relevant experience in Senior Sales/Mgmt roles in the online media sales sector.
* Successes with key client relationships in NY, Boston and other key East Region markets. Track record of developing relationships and non standard media sales solutions that have lead to long-term engagements and trust in the market.
* Prior experience as a Sales Manager in online or other media capacity strongly preferred.
* Experience with CRM platforms, ad serving vendors, targeting solutions, rich media distributors and syndicated research firms/methodologies.
Contact Marta Daglow at email@example.com