Position: Project/Engagment Manager
Location: 2 positions - One in Chicago and one in Houston
Duration: 1 year
As a Project Manager 2, you will define, plan, track and manage
projects as a part of the Professional Services function. The
Professional Services group provides value-added solutions to
Enterprise customers including on-site support, services and
consulting. You will work closely with cross-functional teams
including Sales and Engineering, as well as directly with customers,
to ensure the successful completion of projects.
- Ability to manage all aspects of small to medium sized
projects including planning, estimating, execution, implementation
and on-going support.
- Identify, utilize and manage key resources required to
meet project objectives.
- Provide input to manage project variances and change.
- Manage technical and business risk.
- Negotiate, create, or co-author Statements of Work
- Responsible for managing to agreed upon budget.
- Provide guidance and/or supervision to up to 25
project team members.
- Interview internal employees and outside partners for
- Provide input on hiring decisions for new Project
- Address and resolve high-level customer issues.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills are
- Strong spreadsheet capability and other project
management applications as required for reporting, tracking charts,
checklists and project scheduling.
- Ability to work collaboratively with, lead and
motivate other employees in a team environment to meet aggressive
goals and pre-defined timelines.
- Demonstrated ability to manage relationships and
Responsibility and Interaction:
- The tasks this individual is responsible for are often
non-routine and unstructured, requiring creative solutions.
- This individual will apply attained experiences and
knowledge in solving routine to moderately complex problems.
- This individual must work effectively with Staff to
Vice President level employees within the function, and the
technical team on assigned projects. There may be communication
with employees in other functions as required.
- Limited management direction is provided to employee
on new projects or assignments as well as review of activities and
- The ideal candidate will be a proactive contributor
and subject matter expert on team projects.
- To be successful, this individual must demonstrate
favorable results through coaching and influencing others.
Education & Experience:
- A minimum of 5 years of Project Management experience
is required; 6 to 8 years total experience is preferred.
- I would also like to require a minimum of 3 years
Services Sales or Pre-Sales experience if you can get that into
- A Bachelors Degree, or equivalent experience is
required; an MBA is preferred.
- Data storage or systems management experience is
- Demonstrated ability to have completed multiple,
moderately complex technical tasks.
Jeff Estep Heritage Global Office-949 218 9902 Cell-818 469 5950 American Indian/SDVOB Small Business GSA-70 GS 35F 0049V jeff DOT estep AT heritageglobalsolutions DOT com