Position: Sr. Network - Voice Engineer
Location: Boston, MA Area
Base + Bonus + Retirement - Excellent total package
Local Candidates Only
Mid-Sized, successful, and growing Boston based global investment management
company - Great Company - Lots of Upside - Excellent Compensation Package -
Position Responsibilities - Summary:
The Senior Network Engineer will be reporting to the manager of the Network
& Security team that is responsible for the day-to-day operations and
architecture of the global network. Responsibilities include troubleshooting
issues with routing, protocols, all LAN / WAN based activities, vendors,
Cisco & IPC voice systems, market data connectivity, remote access systems,
RSA authentication, Anti-Virus, DHCP, DNS, 3rd party VPNs, Firewalls.
They are looking for a skilled senior network & voice professional with
experience in network design and deployment, working on a highly available
network. You must enjoy working as part of a team and be prepared to work
outside of usual business hours. The candidate must have strong
troubleshooting skills, be able to balance creative solutions with the
ability to work within a change-management maintenance environment. The
ideal candidate will have experience in deploying and maintaining a Cisco
VoIP converged network and will be energetic, flexible and committed to
excellence. Financial services experience a plus.
Client this year has doubled the size of its metro network, with two new
data centers now in production and a fully converged voice network.
Position Responsibilities - Detailed:
- Responsible for maintaining the enterprise network including wide
area and local area networks as well as IP convergence.
- Install and maintain routers and switches in various network
configurations supporting VLANs, Qos, VoIP, and advanced access-lists.
- Manage the global voice system - Cisco Unified Communications
Manager 6.0 & 3rd party applications / systems, Including IPC trader voice
systems, Unified Presence, Mobility.
- Plan, monitor, evaluate, and manage performance of network systems
and makes recommendations for improvement/upgrades.
- Ensure that network issues arising on a day-to-day operation are
identified, reported, and technically resolved.
- Provide support for remote access systems
- Provide support for all dual-factor authentication systems &
- Create firewall rules & modifications as needed - troubleshoot
anything that may arise.
- Monitor infrastructure security systems, IPS, Log correlation,
Required Skills and Competencies:
- 5-7 years experience with switching and routing in wide and local
- 10+ years supporting enterprise networks
- Cisco Unified Communications Deployment & Support experience
Vital - Must be strong in Cisco Voice products - This is a key requirement.
- Experience in Configuration & Change Management processes
- Excellence in testing and documentation of procedures
- Strong grasp of networking concepts and design
- Knowledge of trusted credentials (e.g., tokens, 802.1x)
- Experience in implementing and monitoring audit and event logging
- Knowledge at the expert level of TCP/IP networks, connections,
wiring and cabling, and network management
- Solid knowledge of Spanning Tree Protocol
- Solid knowledge of EIGRP / RIP2 / OSPF / BGP
- Solid knowledge of Stacking Protocols. VSS experience very
- Solid experience of Checkpoint on a Nokia IPSO Platform
- Experience with Extreme would be helpful but not required
- Experience with IPC Trader Turrets advantageous
- Exposure to VOIP, primarily Cisco Unified Communications Manager
- Advanced level networking certifications such as CCVP/CCNP (Cisco)
& CCSA/CCSE (Checkpoint) an advantage
- Experience with EIGRP/OSPF/RIP2, STP/RSTP, Etherchannel, VLAN
tagging/trunking, VRRP/HSRP, ACL and policy enforcement, SNMP1/2/3 and
monitoring platforms, packet capture and interpretation.
- Experience with: BGP, QoS implementations, multicast protocols,
VoIP, SONET/WAN transport, WAN switching and routing, Juniper SSL VPN, Cisco
MDS SAN storage
- Experience with NAM, WAAS, GSS, ACE, WLC, MARS, 6500’s (all
Cisco) - very advantageous
Competitive Base Salary + Bonus + Retirement - Excellent total package -
Comprehensive Benefits Package
No Sponsorship Available - Local Candidates only
Gary Wright - President - Wright Associates
Phone - (508) 761-6354
Email - replywrightassociates AT verizon.net
Website - www.wrightassociates.org