Position: Network and Storage Engineer
1 to 3 years
Location: Bentonville, Arkansas
Netapp, NAS, SAN, Administration support, Data Management, Case Management for installed End User Equipment and remote rollout assistance.
The PSE will provide a variety of services to its Customer. These services
will include the following components:
To assist Customer’s administrative staff with Daily Administration/Support, Data Management, Monitoring, Diagnostics, Case Management for installed End User Equipment and remote rollout assistance into stores. Also, initial configuration assistance in Bentonville will be part of the responsibilities as prioritized by end user to the extent that as such prioritization is communicated to NetApp by Customer.
1) Daily Administration and Support
The PSE shall be responsible for assisting Customer’s administrative staff
with ensuring the daily operation of the End User Equipment. Support tasks
include operating system configuration and maintenance, volume layout, Qtree layout and snapshot management as well as 2nd level help desk support.
2) Regular updates to Customer on technical support case status
The PSE shall send regular updates to Customer on the case status of any
open technical support issues to the identified Customer focal points.
3) Data Management
The PSE will be responsible for assisting Customer’s administrative staff in
provisioning storage on the End User Equipment including creating volumes
4) Create and monitor Customer open cases
The PSE shall monitor and open cases on behalf of Customer with the
co-partner Support Center. The PSE shall maintain a list of Customer open
cases and ensure that they are being worked thoroughly and have not stalled
at any point. This may be accomplished by sending an e-mail to support
personnel working a case, requesting an update, or serving as a facilitator
between Customer staff and the TSC. Where possible, the PSE should take the
lead for these cases and perform diagnosis and resolution on the issue.
5) Off-site service and repair responsibilities
The PSE will assist the co-partner Help Desk in the coordination of
resources and activities for diagnostic/break/fix activities at other End
User locations. This may include coordination between End User on-site
personnel and the co-partner Help Desk to provide remote diagnostics, entry
into the facility, parts delivery, and break/fix personnel coordination,
6) General administration/maintenance and technical consultation
Customer may call on the PSE to provide technical recommendations, or
assistance with filer administration tasks. The PSE may need to address
technical questions regarding co-partner OEM Network Appliance technology,
or to perform administration. The PSE may also need to provide assistance
in resolving Customer trouble tickets involving situations where a
co-partner Help Desk ticket has not been opened.
Additional On-site PSE Responsibilities:
- Responsible as an assigned advisor for understanding End User’s
environment and representing Customer’s support needs within the co-partner
- Work with designated Customer personnel to provide training for daily
administration tasks of the End User Equipment.
- Remotely assist Customer staff to perform on-site service and repair work.
- Assist Customer’s administrative staff to integrate monitoring of End User
Equipment existing SNMP monitoring tool set.
- Assist Customer’s administrative staff to provide custom reports as needed
regarding co-partner OEM NetApp storage.
- Assist End User’s administrative staff with technical support matters,
often in cooperation with the co-partner Help Desk, as required.
- Coordinate co-partner customer service personnel and field resources.
- Proactively manage service, including software and hardware release
- Provide End User Equipment monitoring via co-partner tools and response to
alerts while Technician is on-site.
- Provide End User Equipment hardware operations while co-partner Technician is on-site.
- Assist Customer’s administrative staff to provide filer production control
as required and follow established change management procedures.
- Assist Customer’s administrative staff to manage data availability within
the filer environment.
- Assist Customer’s administrative staff to tune and optimize the
co-partner file system configuration
- Provide Customer’s administrative staff with strategic direction/planning
for future storage management requirements.
- Assist Customer’s on site staff to remotely assist with hardware break/fix
- Work with I co-partner’s Storage Engineering organization to evaluate and
consult on Customer Storage Infrastructure Strategy.
Heritage Global Solutions
5034 Millstone Way
Granite Bay, CA 95746
916-791-6147 office (call this # first) 916-698-5220 cell
Certified Service Disabled Veteran Owned
Certified American Indian Owned
GSA Schedule 70- GS-35F-0049V