Job: Senior Sustaining Engineer - C, C++ - Sun MicrosystemsJuly 25th, 2008
Role: Senior Sustaining Engineer - C, C++ - Sun Microsystems
This is a UNIX software sustaining engineering position. It requires a senior level engineer who will be responsible for troubleshooting the most difficult problems on a broad range of networking, storage, kernel, nexus, leaf, and device drivers and frameworks used in released versions of the Sun UNIX variant. In addition this position requires an
individual who will mentor, advise, and assist other engineers doing the same type of work. Other functions include working closely with the group manager providing input from the technical perspective with respect to best strategies and tactics for meeting group responsibilities and commitments.
* Ability to interact and communicate with the larger technical community within and outside of Sun.
* Ability to develop and deliver articles and presentations on varied technical topics related to driver development and support within Sun.
* Strong C, C++ programming skills.
* 6+ years UNIX kernel or driver experience.
* 3+ years networking, storage, or bus driver experience
* Initiative and ability to deliver quality results on schedule working either independently or collaborating with distributed
team within and outside Sun.
* Good verbal and written communication skills to convey status, ideas and solutions.
* Ability to articulate a position and successfully argue its merits.
* Knowledge of Sun software engineering processes, procedures, and methodologies as referenced in the Software Development Framework.
* Knowledge of storage drivers and frameworks (SCSI, Fibre Channel, SATA, etc.)
* Knowledge of network drivers and frameworks (Ethernet, TCP/IP, etc.)
* Knowledge of frameworks and associated drivers (USB, PCIe, Infiniband, etc.)
* Ability to think strategically as well as tactically.
YEARS OF EXPERIENCE - 10 years
MINIMUM LEVEL OF EDUCATION - BS
FIELD OF STUDY - CS, EE or related field
Filed under Jobs | | RSS 2.0 | Email this Article