Role: Localization Engineer
Type: Contract position for 6 months
We are the Software Globalization group, responsible for developing the localized products within the engineering department. Our team enables non-English speaking users around the world to benefit from the mobile
technology. The Software Localization/Internationalization Engineer will be responsible for technical coordination and completion of all localized software products.
* Minimum of 5 years of experience in product localization in a company with global products
* General character set knowledge.
* Deep understanding of resource file structure under various platforms and languages including MS Windows, Linux I18N schemes and C/C++/Java language is a MUST.
* Identifies Internationalization (I18N), Localization (L10N) and Globalization (G11N) issues in the product.
* Contribute in writing I18N coding guidelines and be able to present various topics on I18N to the development team.
* Willingness to work and to learn with team members
* Experience with localization software process and tools
* Experience with XML document generation and parsing
* Able to work in a fast moving environment with quick turn around objectives
* Excellent communications skills, both written and verbal
* Experience in the handheld or mobile product industry preferred
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, or EE, or relevant industry experience.
* Generate localization workload estimate of the projects
* Evaluate software localizability in the early development cycles
* Optimize and improve localization process
* Provide localization support to external localization vendors, translation reviewers, consultants, developers and internal groups on localization issues
* Work with cross-functional teams internal or external to communicate and resolve any internationalization or localization issues to ensure delivery of the localized products
For immediate consideration please send your resume to
with expected hourly rate and availability for a phone interview.