Role: Software Quality Engineer – Software Product Firm
Salary: Up to $75K+ Base + Bonus
Leading global provider of software products and services focused on building & delivering solutions that manage and optimize financial processes within companies – from AP through GL including integration to all major ERP packages.
Firm offer’s a dynamic, entrepreneurial work environment that fosters employee growth and success. Members of their team are dedicated to providing high quality, cutting edge software solutions to some of the world’s leading companies. They recognize that exceptional work deserves exceptional rewards. They offer their employees a rich benefit package, competitive compensation, stock options and a vibrant company culture.
Position Responsibilities – Summary:
My client is currently searching for a Software Quality Engineer to join our Product Development Group. Reports into the QA Software Manager.
They are looking for energetic, dynamic individuals that are passionate about software quality and the continuous improvement of their products and process. Candidates should combine technical excellence with strong written and oral communication skills. The ability to work in a team and bring out the best in those that you work with is a key ingredient to success in this position.
The Software Quality Engineer will be responsible for testing their line of financial process optimization products. Individuals should be able to drive change and improvement throughout the product lifecycle. Projects include cross-functional teams and it is critical that the Software Quality Engineer integrate knowledge of the product from multiple user perspectives. Candidates will test all aspects of the software from installation and administration/configuration through simulating multiple end-user roles.
· Write and execute detailed test cases based on requirements, functional specifications, and customer usage scenarios. Candidates should understand a variety of black- and white-box testing techniques, and know when to make use of them during testing.
· Develop end-to-end knowledge of the products from end-user GUI to backend database and ERP systems.
· Represent the QA group in cross-functional project teams including software developers, technical support staff, professional services and others.
· Drive all aspects of product testing, beginning with analyzing the goals of a project/release and determining a cohesive test approach balancing time and resources. Run manual and automated tests based on risk analysis and other factors, and provide timely status information to the rest of the project team. · Work closely with test automation engineers to identify key areas that can impact test efficiency and effectiveness. While this position does not primarily involve automated test development, candidates should be able to specify and take advantage of tools developed by automation engineers, including creating test scripts and leveraging existing infrastructure such as a virtual machine test lab.
· Proactively work to review and improve the software development process
· Create clear, detailed defect reports and feature requests and play an active role in triaging/verifying identified issues
· Configure and work with test environments using multiple OS platforms (Red Hat Enterprise, Solaris, HP-UX, AIX, Windows)
· Work on multiple projects in parallel. Candidates should be comfortable working independently as well be able to coordinate and lead other engineers through a test effort.
· Maintain and configure software used by product development for defect/feature tracking and test case management
Required Skills and Competencies:
· 5+ years QA experience, including projects involving enterprise client/server software systems, preferably J2EE-based environments.
· Knowledge of RDMBS systems and SQL scripting
· Strong Unix skills, experience testing multiple platforms.
· Financial applications experience with Oracle or SAP is a plus.
· Experience with Localization/Internationalization testing a plus.
· Ability to thrive in fast-paced environment and be able to adapt to changing priorities
· Strong organization and time management skills, with the ability to prioritize tasks and delegate when coordinating teams.
· Highly motivated results-driven contributor with excellent troubleshooting skills.
· B.S. Degree in CS, Math, Engineering or equivalent.
Up to $75K+ DOE + Bonus - Comprehensive Benefits Package
No Sponsorship - Local Candidates Only
Gary Wright - President – Wright Associates
Phone - (508) 761-6354
Email - ReplyWrightAssociates@Verizon.Net
WEB Site – www.wrightassociates.org