Position: Enterprise Architect
Up to $120K+ DOE + Bonus - Excellent total package
Local Candidates Only
Location: Boston, MA Area
Mid-Sized, successful, and growing Boston based global investment management
company - Great Company - Lots of Upside - Excellent Compensation Package -
Position Responsibilities - Summary:
This position will be accountable for establishing and driving an Enterprise
IT Strategy focused on the evolution of application development as it
relates to major Business systems. The Architect will work directly with key
customers in Operations, IT and across the Enterprise to define business
requirements, create technical strategies that enable business solutions and
provide senior technical support for driving the solutions to
Reporting to the Infrastructure Leader, the Enterprise Architecture ensures
the viability, interoperability and reliability of technology by translating
business requirements and business strategy into effective Enterprise
solutions. This individual is also responsible for articulating the
architectural vision, conceptualizing and experimenting with alternative
architectural approaches, validating the architecture against business
requirements, guide and support IT solutions, design and mentor development
teams on methodologies, processes and guidelines.
Position Responsibilities - Detailed:
- Demonstrated application of architecture strategies, standards,
processes, and tools in their solution designs
- Design of high quality application architectures that meet their
customers requirements and are consistent with enterprise architectural
- Increased re-use and reduced redundancy in applications and
- Supports the development of strategy, frameworks, best practices
and patterns for the application architects.
- Ensures compliance with all architecture directions and standards
through cross organization consulting in development efforts.
- Works with constituents and the architectures to gain consensus
and establish application architecture standards, policies and directions.
- Support the definition and selection of enterprise tools,
technologies and processes
- Ensure representation from the all stakeholders in the design of
- Act as an expert in application design and development
- Monitor adherence to company standards in application design,
development, and testing
- Assist in aligning business strategy to IT strategy. Actively
seek opportunities to leverage current IT solutions for new business
offerings and services. Align IT solutions with business functions to
improve flexibility, facilitate large scale reuse, and improve
comprehensibility and visibility of IT’s value to the business.
- Assess, formulate, and communicate go forward information
architecture and technology direction for entire enterprise, collaborating
with IT development teams and business sponsors.
- Review and approve project deliverables to ensure that they are
architecturally sound and achieve as great a degree of fit with the desired
architectures as possible.
- Aggressively identify enterprise IT solution/technology
initiatives that are of value. Collaborate with other architects and teams
in execution of the initiatives.
- Facilitate the availability of relevant technologies and tools to
development teams in a timely manner, subject to technology availability.
- Facilitate cross team collaboration.
Must have the ability to contribute to future vision and strategy by
conducting research and proof of concepts,
maintain a broad knowledge of new technical tools and trends, and envision
how those tools could be used in
improving the business processes.
Required Skills and Competencies:
- 10+ years in an IT Solutions Architecture role with heavy emphasis
in .Net / Java in a Financial Services environment
- 10+ years in IT, application design, development and maintenance a
Financial Services environment
- 10+ years experience managing technical organizations
- 3+ years experience with offshore vendors
- Translate business strategy into technical vision and strategy
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal
- Understand what the teams want and need from architecture
- Help teams see the value of the architecture and understand how
to use it successfully
- Strong understanding of architecture principles and frameworks
- Experience with application and Integration design methodologies,
standards and best practices
- Enterprise Application Integration (EAI) and business integration
- TIBCO, NetApps, or IBM MQ integration environments
- Experience with BI, EDWs, and DB environment
- Experience with security architecture
- Application Design, Development, and Testing - Software Life
- Management techniques and Tools for managing requirements,
processes, and object versioning
- High energy, positive attitude, professional and mature
- Leadership qualities
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks, set goals and meet deadlines
Up to $120K+ DOE + Bonus - Excellent total package - Comprehensive Benefits
No Sponsorship Available - No Relocation Available - Local Candidates only
Gary Wright - President - Wright Associates
Phone - (508) 761-6354
Email - replywrightassociates AT verizon DOT net