Location: ChicagoJob Summary:
As a Professional Services Engineer, you will provide post-sales services
and support for NetApp enterprise customers. Professional Services Engineers
team with NetApp account teams and customers to understand customer
requirements, scope appropriate services, and deliver service projects.
Service projects include various aspects of project planning, project
management, installations, requirements analysis, architecture/design,
implementation, optimization, and on-going customer support processes.
NetApp will continue to evolve toward higher value-added solutions and
Professional Services Engineers are integral to the success of these
solutions. Solution examples are complex storage architectures to support
mission critical applications such as database (MSSQL and Oracle), email
systems (Exchange), and SAP. Solutions also include backup and restore,
disaster recovery, storage consolidation, data protection, storage
The essential responsibilities of the Professional Services Engineer are to
collaborate with the Professional Services team and to share best practices
in order to assist NetApp customers through on-site support and consulting
- Project planning for tasks of moderate to high complexity.
- Installation and configuration of NetApp hardware and software products.
- Implementation of backup and restore, disaster recovery, storage
consolidation, data protection, storage performance, etc.
- Optimization including upgrades, performance monitoring and system
- Customer support including troubleshooting and problem resolution.
- Communication with clients and management.
It is critical for this individual to understand the customers’ technical
environment in order to be able to deliver effective solutions. Typical
customer technical environments include:
- Operating Systems: Unix and Windows systems administration
functions including domain structures, file systems, disk partitions,
mounts, quotas, and general security.
- Networking: Local area network technology, specifically Ethernet,
IP, DNS and NIS associated daemons. Network architectures include: hubs,
repeaters, bridges, routers, and switches.
- Storage: SAN and NAS storage communications including caching and
This individual will contribute positively to specific projects as part of
the project planning, project management, installations, requirements
analysis, architecture/design, implementation, optimization, and customer
- Strong verbal and written communications skills are essential and
are utilized in communicating with team members, systems administrators and
- Ability to work collaboratively with other engineers and managers in
a team environment to share best practices and meet aggressive goals, and
meet high quality standards.
- Ability to work well with customers’ technical representatives under
a variety of circumstances to best understand and meet customer
Must have direct experience in the following areas:
- Windows: good knowledge of NT, Win2K, Win2K3. Understand share and
NTFS security concepts.
- Unix: good knowledge of Berkeley, Linux, and/or System V Unix system
administration concepts including disk and network administration, NFS and
- Networking: knowledge of Ethernet, IP, DNS and NIS associated
daemons. Knowledge of network architectures including hubs, repeaters,
bridges, routers, and switches.
- Storage: knowledge of storage administration and the concepts of
file systems, disk partitions, mounts, quotas, mirroring and sizing.
- Good knowledge of NAS, DAS, SAN (fabric attached architectures).
- Experience with Data ONTAP fundamentals.
- Up to 75% travel required.
- Off hours work (nights and weekends) is required.
Responsibility and Interaction:
- The tasks this individual is responsible for are often non-routine
and unstructured, requiring creative solutions.
- This individual will apply attained experiences and knowledge in
solving routine to moderately complex problems.
- This individual interacts primarily with staff to vice president
level employees within the function, and the technical team within NetApp
and at customer sites on assigned projects. At customer sites may work
with system administrators and technical managers.
- Limited management direction is provided to employee on new projects
or assignments as well as review of activities and priorities.
- The ideal candidate will be a proactive contributor and subject
matter expert on team projects.
- To be successful, this individual must demonstrate favorable results
through coaching and influencing others.
Education & Experience:
- A minimum of 5 years of experience is required; 6 to 8 years of
experience is preferred.
- A Bachelor of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer
Science, or equivalent experience is required.
- NetApp Certification is required.
- MCP and other MicroSoft Certifications are a plus.
- Security Clearance (top secret or SCI) is preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to have completed multiple, moderately complex
Heritage Global Solutions
Office-949 218 9902
Cell-818 469 5950
Fax-949 606 9925
American Indian/Service Disabled Veteran Owned
GSA Schedule 70- GS-35F-0049V
Please contact Elaine.Fat AT HeritageGlobalSolutions DOT com if you know someone that can help.