Position: Manager, Field Support Engineering, NetApp fulltime
Location: Ft. Lauderdale FL
As a Manager, Field Support Engineering, you provide direct supervision
to Field Support Engineers in the function. Field Support Engineers work
individually and as part of a team committed to providing post-sales
services and support for NetApp customers. The typical customer
environments that Field Services Engineers supports are networked and
fibre channel implementations of UNIX and/or Windows, interfacing with
NetApp storage and software. Excellent customer service skills and
technology know-how is needed to work successfully in high-pressure,
time sensitive situations where customer satisfaction is the ultimate
A major part of your responsibility will be to provide direction and
supervision to Field Support Engineers responsible for:
- Diagnosing, technical troubleshooting, servicing, and repairing
systems and equipment at the customer site.
- Providing all aspects post-sales field support such as system
hardware, software, desktop support, networks, etc.
- Documentation and post-mortem analyses of escalations.
- Develop and implement new projects, policies and procedures for the
department(s); and ensure that project goals are met.
- Develop an annual budget collaboratively with senior management.
- Utilize previously acquired technical experience to become actively
involved in day-to-day technology team to meet schedules and resolve
-Take responsibility for results, including costs, methods and staffing.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; must be
- Experience working with customers in high stress situations on the
often complex problems involved with services/implementation.
- A clear understanding of the product development cycle, technical
requirements and project management.
- A strong understanding of concepts related to computer architecture
- Experience with developing budgets and predicting project costs.
- A demonstrated ability to manage professional level employees.
Experience with, or overall understanding of:
- NetApp applications software.
- UNIX configuration and administration.
- Windows NT/2000/2003 configuration and system administration.
- Fibre Channel HBA configuration and installation.
- NAS and/or SAN storage and surrounding infrastructure.
- Network Attached Storage protocols experience (NFS/CIFS/iSCSI) and
related required protocols (DNS, NIS, and Active Directory)
- Network architectures including the roles of routers, and switches.
- Microsoft Exchange
- RAID and storage systems
- NFS, the UNIX remote file sharing protocol
- CIFS, the Windows NT remote file sharing protocol
- Data OnTap operating system and NetApp clustering.
- Multipathing software, volume managers, file systems (such as VERITAS
File System), and backup software
- Commercial databases such as Oracle, SAP, and Microsoft SQL Server, is
Education & Experience:
- A minimum of 8 years of experience as an individual contributor and 1
to 5 years as a people manager is required.
- A Bachelor of Science in Engineering or Computer Science, or
equivalent related experience is required
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects is required.
Sr. Staffing Partner
petra DOT pino AT netapp DOT com