Position: Product Manager, NetApp File System (WAFL)
Location: Sunnyvale, CA
As the WAFL Product Manager, you will be part of a very talented and
highly experienced team that works on the development and delivery of
NetApp’s crown jewel, the WAFL file system. In this highly technical
product management role, you will “get into the weeds” and be exposed to
the internals of our file system.
It will be your role to develop and manage roadmaps to ensure continuity
in product offerings. You will drive requirements and respond to
changing and /or competitive environments which may include product
positioning, feature definition, and overall product strategy. A strong
understanding of Product and Service offerings, excellent communication
and interpersonal skills, and experience in a dynamic high-tech
environment is crucial to your success.
The PM is tasked to:
- Develop product roadmaps, feature definition in
collaboration with sales, sales support, product development and other
cross-functional teams to ensure continuity in product offerings
- Establish, enhance or distinguish product
placement within the competitive arena
- Track general business indicators, including
market share, and competitor’s marketing and sales program activities
- Will be responsible for writing MRDs, PRDs and
working with Engineering on creating the roadmap for features/functional
- Will be responsible for working with a cross
functional group within the company to ensure successful execution of
projects and product rollout
- Create field & customer facing collateral;
responsible for creation of training materials and sales collateral.
- Familiarity with common file systems found on current
commercial operating systems a must (VxFS/JFS, UFS, ZFS, NTFS, Ext3)
- Familiarity with network or clustered file system design
preferred (NFS, CIFS, GPFS, Lustre)
- Working familiarity with enterprise class storage systems
- Great analytical problem solving skills and ability to work
both independently and an cross functional teams
- Excellent verbal and written communication & negotiation
- Technical background (BS in CS or equivalent work-related
- Ability to build strong working relationships across all
levels of the organization, including remote areas.
- Ability to function well in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
with competing priorities.
- Product Management experience within the storage industry
- Demonstrate good judgment in identifying problems in advance,
and proposing solutions
Education & Experience:
- A BS in Computer Science or Business. MS or MBA preferred.
- First-hand experience in evaluating, purchasing and managing
storage systems is strongly preferred.
Sr. Staffing Partner
petra DOT pino AT netapp DOT com