Position: Applications Engineer
Location: Sunnyvale, CA
Are you a talented software engineer and interested in working directly with cutting-edge customers? If so, we have a GREAT opportunity for you! The ideal candidate will gain experience in state-of-the art networking technologies, real-time distributed systems, operating systems and embedded applications. This role is critical; you will help to make our customers successful which will help to promote the growth of RTI.
- Support our customers who are integrating our technology solutions into their environments
- Debug, identify workarounds and fix, create and release patch version of our software
- Develop example code and solutions for the knowledge base
- Work with senior consultants to understand our customers’ distributed-system design challenges and help develop strategies to solve them using RTI products and services
- Become an expert at our suite of networking middleware solutions, real-time operating systems and networking technologies
- US Person (US citizen or Permanent Resident card holder)
- BS or higher in a technical field, MS preferred. 1-3 years of experience in support or professional services is a plus. Exceptional new graduates will be considered
- Current development and debugging expertise (C/C++/Java/C#) on Windows, Linux, or Solaris platforms
- Excellent problem solving skills Interest in working directly with customers.
Technical support or professional services consulting experience is a plus
Excellent oral and written communication skills, a real interest in working directly with customers
- Strong understanding of OS and compiler fundamentals
- Experience with network, middleware or distributed system development Linux OS or kernel programming, System Administration/Network Configurations and real-time OS experience are a plus
- We offer an attractive compensation package consisting of competitive salary, company performance-based bonus plan, medical, dental, vision, life, flexible spending accounts, 401(k) matching and stock options.
We seek people who share the company’s values of education, extraordinary commitment to employees, technology, customers and the pursuit of excellence. The journey is to be enjoyed; there is no better place to take the next step on your path. Come help us shape the future of real-time!
Please send your resume to SV018jobs AT rti DOT com
Equal Opportunity Employer