Position: VP Online Marketing & BD job in Internet Firm - Massachusetts - Excellent Package
Located in the Northern, 128 Area of Massachusetts
Excellent Base + Equity + Good Benefits Package - No Relocation - No
Sponsorship - US Based Candidates Only
Hot Start Up - Internet Firm - Online Marketplaces - Successful - Well
Funded - Lead by a team of well known successful entrepreneurs who have done
it before and are now doing it again. A Great Company with lots of upside.
Very serious about creating and maintaining the type of culture that creates
success - Team Centric - Collaborative - A+ Players with Low Ego. Get in on
the ground floor and join a winning team.
Position Responsibilities - Summary:
My client is seeking a Vice President Online Marketing and Business
Development, a key member of the leadership team to help them substantially
grow. Someone who is passionate about all things web related, can juggle
multiple priorities, and help them take their conversion rates to the next
level. This is an opportunity for a highly motivated individual to get
involved with key aspects of marketing for a red-hot start-up.
Strong organizational and analytical skills, as well as expertise in
affiliates, various lead generation models, and conversion optimization are
required. An in-depth understanding of end-to-end unit economics is
Significant experience with Social Media Channels, Viral Marketing, and
other current and Innovative Web 2.0 type techniques.
The successful candidate will have a broad knowledge of online services and
Internet companies in the US and experience in partners management.
Substantial experience negotiating deals and knowledge of online business
practices with the ability to be creative in deal structures is required.
This position will be a key part of the executive team and reports directly
to the President/CEO.
- Develop strategic plan and its successful execution.
- Manage marketing team and work closely with them to optimize affiliate
programs, campaigns and payout structure.
- Manage SEO improvements and creative development.
- Manage acquisition email program and developing strategies for list
- Track and measure the performance of online marketing campaigns. Design
test strategies and creative solutions to optimize results.
- Implement promotions via social media channels to drive customer
- Lead efforts to optimize end-to-end conversion including delivering a web
site/online experience that is significant enough to drive such conversion.
- Identify new advertising opportunities, negotiate terms and execute
- Identify, develop and negotiate business development relationships to grow
revenue, audience, traffic and usage.
- Analyze the financial impact of potential partnerships and structure terms
that mitigate risk and optimize revenue and profit.
Required Skills and Competencies:
- Minimum of 7-8 years of relevant experience - High-level strategic
thinker, creative and high energy person
- Minimum of 3 years management experience
- Successful Internet business development track record is required - Must
have a strong background in developing partnership and affiliate
- Start-Up experience required in at least one High Traffic, Consumer
Driven, Internet, On-line or E-commerce company
- Direct consumer marketing experience and a proven track record, evidenced
by taking at least one Start-Up from Zero Customers, or close to it, to a
million+ unique visitors/month, ideally more, is required - Person must have
accomplished this with very limited resources/budget and was personally
instrumental in creating a highly successful endeavor - This is a true
Hunter type role - Must be willing & able to fully engage in all areas of
responsibilities - Proven success doing more with less - Small teams etc.
- Experience with site analytic tools
- Excellent leadership, prioritization, analytic and quantitative skills -
Outstanding communications, presentation & customer facing skills
- Ability to work well in a high-energy, high-intensity team environment
- Stable career history with proven track record of success
- Bachelors Degree or MBA in Marketing, Advertising or Business Management
- B2C Marketing experience in any of the following industries would be a big
plus - Automotive, Banking, Finance, Retail, or Lending.
- Existing relationship with Media/Content firms like a NY Times, News
Corp., Hearst, AOL/Time Warner, Yahoo or Others Highly Desirable.
Gary Wright - President - Wright Associates
Phone - (508) 761-6354
Email - replywrightassociates AT verizon DOT net
Website - www.wrightassociates.org